Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ryan91330

Looking for P28 type curve that's a bit more closed

12 minutes ago, Ryan91330 said:

Thank for calling CCM for us! Did you also ask about the P90TM? Or will that not be on a retail stick at all?

I did not ask about the P90TM. Also forgot to ask about what the pro stock P30 name is, and who uses it in RH @ 95 flex.

Just now, Cosmic said:

I did not ask about the P90TM. Also forgot to ask about what the pro stock P30 name is, and who uses it in RH @ 95 flex.

I don't have experience in calling them about this stuff but do they usually answer questions like these, especially about pro stock?

On 10/23/2019 at 11:09 PM, Ryan91330 said:

Thank for calling CCM for us! Did you also ask about the P90TM? Or will that not be on a retail stick at all?

Just called again to inquire about the P90T and P90TM. I thought he said “expect something next year,” which I thought meant the line AFTER Ribcor since I heard Ribcor is possibly launching new sticks in November. Then the rep said “These new patterns may be on the Ribcor.”

So I think he may have said “expect something IN the next year.” My phone is all jacked up from the vibrations of the tank of my motorcycle, so I miss words a lot. Anyway ...

I asked some specific questions and the rep could not answer in specifics - all good I get it. He just said “look around online and stay tuned” pretty much so it sounds like CCM has some exciting stuff in the works as far as blade patterns go. 

Not sure if anybody commented yet but I just picked up a pro stock FT2 with a P90T curve and I put it next to my pro stock QRL with a P28 and it pretty much looks like a P28 but with a slightly more closed blade. Baaaaarely noticeable but on ice I  noticed my shots were staying just a touch lower. With regular P28 I easily can put wrist and snap shots over the cross bar, but all my shots last night with P90T were staying mid to mid high. I think it's also a touch easier to take backhands with this curve also. Possibly my new favorite!

I've been using the Benn/p90T for a few years now.  Could be wrong, but it looks to me as though it is an H11/P19 (pre p92 more moderate heel/mid version of Sakic. Slightly more square toe) with a late toe kink.   Aside from the toe kink, it is definitely very different from CCM's retail p30 offering and quite different from p28.  Very easy to use pattern.  Happy to elaborate if people are interested!     

17 hours ago, Karly14 said:

I've been using the Benn/p90T for a few years now.  Could be wrong, but it looks to me as though it is an H11/P19 (pre p92 more moderate heel/mid version of Sakic. Slightly more square toe) with a late toe kink.   Aside from the toe kink, it is definitely very different from CCM's retail p30 offering and quite different from p28.  Very easy to use pattern.  Happy to elaborate if people are interested!     

I really don't think it's drastically different from P28. I have both and held both up side by side before my game Sunday night. I could barely tell a difference other than the toe kink you describe. P90T seems slightly more closed but when I was shooting and stick handling I really couldn't tell much apart. I just noticed my shots not rising up like crazy using P90T, which was good.

I can post some side by side pictures later if it helps.

15 hours ago, z1ggy said:

I really don't think it's drastically different from P28. I have both and held both up side by side before my game Sunday night. I could barely tell a difference other than the toe kink you describe. P90T seems slightly more closed but when I was shooting and stick handling I really couldn't tell much apart. I just noticed my shots not rising up like crazy using P90T, which was good.

I can post some side by side pictures later if it helps.

It would be great if you could send some side by side pics!

K so as requested here are some pictures of three blades I own. One is P28 retail, another is P90T and another is P28 from pro stock. I'm not going to say what is what because I really want to see if people here can honestly tell a difference just by looking.

SvvQ55xm.jpg?1

Here's 2 of the same two sticks out of the three here, but with different lighting:

3CaX8vMm.jpg?1

If you guess which blade is what then you.... you get a cookie or something.

3 hours ago, z1ggy said:

K so as requested here are some pictures of three blades I own. One is P28 retail, another is P90T and another is P28 from pro stock. I'm not going to say what is what because I really want to see if people here can honestly tell a difference just by looking.

SvvQ55xm.jpg?1

Here's 2 of the same two sticks out of the three here, but with different lighting:

3CaX8vMm.jpg?1

If you guess which blade is what then you.... you get a cookie or something.

Middle blade for the first picc, and right blade on the bottom?

1 hour ago, salibandy said:

Middle blade for the first picc, and right blade on the bottom?

Middle blade what from the first pic and right blade what on the bottom?

41 minutes ago, boo10 said:

To my eye it looks like the P28 retail is on the right, P90T is in the middle and P28 pro stock is on the left.

Close but no.

2 hours ago, z1ggy said:

Close but no.

I would have guessed the same as boo10 to be honest.

To my eye the P28 retail is on the right. So switch the other two, P90T on the Left and P28 pro stock middle? Hard to see in the 3 pic because of the shadows cast on each other.

If that's right then he bottom pic is missing the P28 retail.

I'm more convinced than ever that a bunch of sticks in the wild have no P90T label from the factory but are being sold and referred to as P90T, therefore anytime some is talking about a P90T it could be one of a variety of similar but not identical curves.

Is the P28 pro stock labelled as a P28? Or was it just sold as that?

Just now, colins said:

To my eye the P28 retail is on the right. So switch the other two, P90T on the Left and P28 pro stock middle? Hard to see in the 3 pic because of the shadows cast on each other.

I'm more convinced than ever that a bunch of sticks in the wild have no P90T label from the factory but are being sold and referred to as P90T, therefore anytime some is talking about a P90T it could be one of a variety of similar but not identical curves.

Can we make this a weekly game on modsquadhockey? Someone posts 3 curves and it's left to the viewer to correctly guess which is which? lol

colins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colins said:

You sir are correct.

P90T is left most in both photos and is a prostock FT2. Middle is pro stock P28 but I just checked, there's actually no curve marker on the stick, so it could be slightly off compared to retail, which... is the right most stick which is a Warrior DT4 Yakupov curve which is a P28 clone. Here's some better pics:

HNNa02El.jpg VWG3caVl.jpg

The only thing I notice is retail P28 on the right has a little more open toe, and it's got a little more curve to it than the other two. I wonder if the Vatrano stick I have is actually a P90T. I read online that many pro's were using that curve for a while but it wasn't really marked as anything. Could just be marked as "toe curve" on sites like PSH. To my eye, they are almost indistinguishable in curve when you compare them to the right-most stick. 

• Like 1

Looks like the curve on the P90T starts further from the heel than the 28. There's what looks like a usable flat at the heel. I assume for improved backhanders.

8 hours ago, z1ggy said:

You sir are correct.

P90T is left most in both photos and is a prostock FT2. Middle is pro stock P28 but I just checked, there's actually no curve marker on the stick, so it could be slightly off compared to retail, which... is the right most stick which is a Warrior DT4 Yakupov curve which is a P28 clone. Here's some better pics:

HNNa02El.jpg VWG3caVl.jpg

The only thing I notice is retail P28 on the right has a little more open toe, and it's got a little more curve to it than the other two. I wonder if the Vatrano stick I have is actually a P90T. I read online that many pro's were using that curve for a while but it wasn't really marked as anything. Could just be marked as "toe curve" on sites like PSH. To my eye, they are almost indistinguishable in curve when you compare them to the right-most stick. 

Can you post some face and curve pictures of the Vatrano on it’s own?

11 hours ago, stick9 said:

Looks like the curve on the P90T starts further from the heel than the 28. There's what looks like a usable flat at the heel. I assume for improved backhanders.

Yeah I would agree.

4 hours ago, flip12 said:

Can you post some face and curve pictures of the Vatrano on it’s own?

Yeah I'll do that tonight after work.

• Like 2

I’m curious about the length of the P90T. I consider the P30 to be a short blade lengthwise. Once I get to medium length (P88) I find that stickhandling becomes a bit more challenging.

i think the P28 is also a short blade lengthwise; I just don’t like how (as mentioned) the kink starts so close to the heel. Not only does it give a small area for backhands, but catching passes on the heel becomes a bit of a problem for me when moving and trying to time when the puck will hit the “wall” (and not the ramp) of the blade face. I have watched better players; they don’t seem to suffer from these nuances that plague hacks such as myself- but these are issues I need to consider when studying the curves for potential purchase. This P90T keeps sounding better and better.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I’m curious about the length of the P90T. I consider the P30 to be a short blade lengthwise. Once I get to medium length (P88) I find that stickhandling becomes a bit more challenging.

i think the P28 is also a short blade lengthwise; I just don’t like how (as mentioned) the kink starts so close to the heel. Not only does it give a small area for backhands, but catching passes on the heel becomes a bit of a problem for me when moving and trying to time when the puck will hit the “wall” (and not the ramp) of the blade face. I have watched better players; they don’t seem to suffer from these nuances that plague hacks such as myself- but these are issues I need to consider when studying the curves for potential purchase. This P90T keeps sounding better and better.

The P40 is short. And the P14 is short. 

But I didn't notice any difference in length between the P88 and P30. I would put all of P88/P30/P92/P19/P90T in the "medium" length category as far as overall blade length goes. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I don't think P28 is shorter in blade length, I just think the actual curve is a little more pronounced (deeper maybe?) so it tricks your eye into thinking it's shorter. It's like, which is shorter, a straight line that's 4 inches long, or a segment of a circle that's 4 inches from start to finish? Both are 4 inches long, but the curled line of the circle would probably fool your brain into looking shorter because it takes up less room in a given area.

• Like 1

So I think the p28 looking shorter is just camera angle stuff. First pic the P28 is in the back, second picture I moved it to the front. 

9kGpQmtl.jpg

4t8682Gl.jpg

I played another game with P90T and it 100% keeps shots lower and backhands are way easier. Could be the FT2 being a different kick point than my DT4 but I think it has more to do with curve. 

18 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The blade height of the Warrior at the hell looks tallest. Is this the case? Which one is that? The P28 pro stock?

I overlaid the P90T FT2 stick over the p28 pro stock and the prostock is maaaaaybe like 1/16'' taller just near the hosel area but not along the entirety of it.