Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JoeJeeps

Do your edge holders squeak?

I purchased some x800 skates a couple months back and upgraded to Step Blacksteel. They squeak when I'm walking from the locker room to the rink. I really don't notice any movement or noise when I'm skating. Once they're cold (or wet) I don't notice any noise on the way back to the locker room. It's the weirdest thing ever.

Normal? 

YES!  Pretty much same deal as you.  Don't notice it on the ice.  I still often get it after games.  Happens with my STEP black and my LS3.  I ordered some new AS1s and was thinking about pulling LS3s on them but that lasted until I remembered the squeak.  

39 minutes ago, JoeJeeps said:

What parts are you taping? Just the attachment points or all along the top of the blade?

I use a small bit of clear on the top of the blade to make it a super snug fit. Basically, just put the clear tape on, clip in the blade, then use a razor to cut it so it's not visible. 

3 hours ago, start_today said:

I was hoping that “hockey hack” was gonna be replacing edge with another holder. 

For me it was... Ls2 holders imo are the best ever made 😁

• Like 1