Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
IPv6Freely

Marleau Nearing the End of His Stockpile

I have a pro stock Easton Aluminium stick painted as a (then) current model composite. I will have to dig around for it.  

A few guys are hoarding the late model Easton helmets, as well!

12 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I have a pro stock Easton Aluminium stick painted as a (then) current model composite. I will have to dig around for it.  

ProStockHockey had some of those recently, aluminum shafts dressed as green Z-Bubbles I think.

@Left Wing King Komarov’s F60’s are still in production from Graf-CH, last I checked.

Edited by flip12

25 minutes ago, flip12 said:

ProStockHockey had some of those recently, aluminum shafts dressed as green Z-Bubbles I think.

@Left Wing King Komarov’s F60’s are still in production from Graf-CH, last I checked.

They were T-Flexes...we used to call them T-Bubbles around here.

Yeah, as I had said in a previous post; CCM would continue to make those older model skates as long as they had the components for them.  The weird part about it is that they didn't try (until recently with McDavid) to make it look like a current model.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flip12 said:

Yes- you can get the great Graf models from Graf Switzerland. I love Swiss Graf skates; Canadian made ones leave me a bit cold.

Mine is a T-Flex, not bought from Pro Stock Hockey. When I first saw it, it seemed way too square-ish to be composite!

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

They were T-Flexes...we used to call them T-Bubbles around here.

Yeah, as I had said in a previous post; CCM would continue to make those older model skates as long as they had the components for them.  The weird part about it is that they didn't try (until recently with McDavid) to make it look like a current model.

What are they doing with McDavid's? I've only seen McDavid skating in the original gen Jetspeeds (at least based on the gfx)... are they actually original gen JetSpeeds or something else? Or have I missed the pics where they are trying to dress his JetSpeeds to look like FT1/2 now?

colins

He posed with a "FT2" at the All-Star Game skills comp.

8 hours ago, colins said:

What are they doing with McDavid's? I've only seen McDavid skating in the original gen Jetspeeds (at least based on the gfx)... are they actually original gen JetSpeeds or something else? Or have I missed the pics where they are trying to dress his JetSpeeds to look like FT1/2 now?

colins

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

He posed with a "FT2" at the All-Star Game skills comp.

Was it an actual FT2 or just a graphics update do you suppose?

On 3/5/2019 at 10:23 PM, bunnyman666 said:

What was your T-Flex painted as? I'm curious to see it!

I also wonder if we'll be able to see some more downspec'd components on Marleau's 70K's. They do have TPU outsoles, just not flat slab ones like he's used to. There were also some 18 or 20K Marleaus up on ProStockHockey a while back. Those had the white slab outsoles.

12 minutes ago, flip12 said:

What was your T-Flex painted as? I'm curious to see it!

I also wonder if we'll be able to see some more downspec'd components on Marleau's 70K's. They do have TPU outsoles, just not flat slab ones like he's used to. There were also some 18 or 20K Marleaus up on ProStockHockey a while back. Those had the white slab outsoles.

It was an old taperflex aluminium painted as a Z-bubble. A few guys hung onto those aluminium shafts for a long time! I will find it in my museum... I just added a Reebok helmet rebadged as a CCM spec’d like a 4K with the single density thin foam; I liken it to the modern version of a pro-fit CCM HT-2, with a small fitting like a medium/large. So the museum needs a good sort out!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, h4ckb0x7 said:

Was it an actual FT2 or just a graphics update do you suppose?

Graphics. He didn't even wear then. He posed for s picture. Go on his Instagram and you will see it. 

How long did Yanic Perreault wear those Daoust skates after the company went out of business?  Maybe Canstar bought them out, I do not recall