Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

17 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Do note that STEP decided to cut back on certain SKUs on Blacksteel; namely ST-Ultra and ST-Mako. 

They are still offered in regular, non-treated steel. 

Thanks JR, This is correct. Blacksteel and VSTEEL for the ST-Ultra and ST-Mako is no longer in production. They are still avaliable in the STEP STEEL finish though.

22 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

@STEP_Official With other companies like RamonEdge and Flare making wider steel, has STEP considered getting into that market as well? I know this is not anything new, CCM released steel that was wider than 3mm about a decade ago and it didn't really "take off" but it seems with all of the advancements in skates that steel has stayed relatively ordinary. 

Hello Nicholas G,

We found through testing and feedback from players in all levels that 3mm blades were preferred for players and 4mm Blades were preferred for goalies (there will always be exceptions). This is why we offer a 4mm Blade for the Vertexx Edge.

But, never say never.

Thanks,

3 hours ago, Healthyscratch said:

Do you currently offer blacksteel in size 238 for VH/True holders?  Can not find it anywhere. 

Smallest they make is 254.

13 hours ago, Healthyscratch said:

Do you currently offer blacksteel in size 238 for VH/True holders?  Can not find it anywhere. 

9 hours ago, mickz said:

Smallest they make is 254.

Hello HealthyScratch, Mickz is correct. We only offer the Blacksteel for the  VH/True holders 254 to 296

Thanks,

5 hours ago, STEP_Official said:

Hello HealthyScratch, Mickz is correct. We only offer the Blacksteel for the  VH/True holders 254 to 296

Thanks,

Thanks for the response...

The true skates we got came with regular step steel in 238. Do you know where I can purchase another set of 238 runners? I like to rotate two runners through out season. Thanks! 

Edited by Healthyscratch

49 minutes ago, Healthyscratch said:

Thanks for the response...

The true skates we got came with regular step steel in 238. Do you know where I can purchase another set of 238 runners? I like to rotate two runners through out season. Thanks! 

We send all of our STEP STEEL blades directly to TRUE. if you contact them directly or your local TRUE dealer they should be able to help you out.

Thanks,

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 5:43 PM, Sniper9 said:

Any plans for different holder designs in the future?

Hi Sniper9,

At this stage we don`t have a new holder design in the works, There could be something in the future, but at the moment we are putting all of our energy in blade design and manufacturing. So that we can continue to offer the best blades on the market 😉

Thanks,

• Like 1

Are the blacksteel for the step/true holders still available? And if so how would I be able to get some? My LHS doesn't seem to be aware of them being available at all. And I've read I cannot get them through True when ordering their skates. 

Your LHS is able to order Blacksteel for the TRUE holder from STEP and/or distributors.

They can't get regular steel for it though - they would have to get that from TRUE.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Are the blacksteel for the step/true holders still available? And if so how would I be able to get some? My LHS doesn't seem to be aware of them being available at all. And I've read I cannot get them through True when ordering their skates. 

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Your LHS is able to order Blacksteel for the TRUE holder from STEP and/or distributors.

They can't get regular steel for it though - they would have to get that from TRUE.

That is exactly right! thanks JR Boucicaut! due to our agreement with TRUE, we (STEP) are responsable for all TRUE Blacksteel  distribution (including our distributors) and TRUE is in charge of all our regular STEP STEEL distribution. this includes warranties as well. 

Thanks,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sid said:

Will step be ceasing production on Lightspeed 2 holders anytime soon?

Hi Sid,

we are not panning on stopping production of the STSPEED (for the Lightspeed2 holder)  in Blacksteel at this stage. so you can expect to be able to order these blades with no issue for now.😁

Thanks,

• Like 1

I have also wondered I have seen some blacksteel with a mirror finish. is this the case for all blacksteel and does it offer the same benefits as the Velocity steel with the hard edge of black steel?

4 minutes ago, Sid said:

I have also wondered I have seen some blacksteel with a mirror finish. is this the case for all blacksteel and does it offer the same benefits as the Velocity steel with the hard edge of black steel?

Hi Sid,

This is correct. The BLACKSTEEL starts as a STEP STEEL Blade, then it goes through hyper polishing which is the same process as the V-STEEL. once the blades have been cleaned we then add the DLC (Dimond like coating) to the blades. In the end you have the advantages of the V-Steel with the added Strength of the DLC coating. This translates into V-STEEL Glide with longer lasting edges that can take more hits.

Thanks,

Hi

Just wanted to ask I received the New Ccm Xs holders and looking for 2 sets of black steel or V steel step runners in size 230,can you tell me when they will be available 

On 5/3/2019 at 5:39 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Great to see you connecting with us through MSH.  With 5 sets of STEP in my circulation I am a huge advocate.  MSH is a great way to get feedback from players!  Welcome aboard!!

Thanks DkMiller! but we should be thanking you, it is people like you who put there faith in our product that helps us strive to make the best products available.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:25 AM, George said:

Hi

Just wanted to ask I received the New Ccm Xs holders and looking for 2 sets of black steel or V steel step runners in size 230,can you tell me when they will be available 

Hello George, thanks for your question. We are currently in the design stage for XS sizes 230, 220, 215, it is our goal to have these blades ready later in the summer in all 3 finishes.

Thanks,

On 5/4/2019 at 7:36 PM, shoot_the_goalie said:

@STEP_Official.  Say you don't care about cosmetics.  Can you stone hone V-Steel or Blacksteel and not lose any performance?  I assume with Blacksteel, you might, since you'd be taking of DLC coating...

Hi STG

so the advantage of the V-STEEL is the decrease friction due to the Hyper polishing, if you stone a V-STEEL blade it is likely that you will create friction points along the blades surface which would lessen the glide quality. this is the same for the Blacksteel  with the added destruction of the DLC coating. I really dont advise using a regular honing stone. the best would be a STEP Rubber based honing stone, but if you dont have access to one of those you can use a thick leather cloth (with care, as the edges will be sharp).

Thanks,