Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cove

Sticks like the TotalOne NXG

I have an old TotalOne NXG PM9 that I absolutely adore, but its a few years on by now. What sticks from other manufacturers perform the same? The Tack is designed similarly correct? As dumb as this sounds I want something Totalone-esque, but not a Bauer product. Considering the QRE pro if its similar, or the A6.0, assuming again that its similar. I bought a ribcore out of curiosity I dont know if its the Curve I dont like or what but I just cant use it for shit. 

Edited by Cove

Ribcore is a low-kick stick.  It won't be like a NXG, which is an amplified mid-kick.  In CCM, their line would be the Tacks.  Neither the True or Warrior is an amped mid-kick.  I don't use those types of sticks, so I can't say how the Tacks compares to the Supreme, particularly the NXG, though.

• Like 1

Might be worth looking for pro stocks with the NXG build code (W04 I think). 

Tacks have a similar kickpoint however I think their blades have a much livelier feel than the NXG where that blade had the dampened feel. 

On 3/14/2019 at 3:06 PM, CTB said:

Might be worth looking for pro stocks with the NXG build code (W04 I think). 

W03, W03A, W03D are the NXG build codes, W04 would be MX3 builds...

Which of the warrior sticks has a 'stiff' blade? Ive heard the True blades have that splitting issue that Eastons had, is that true? 

On 3/16/2019 at 3:23 PM, Cove said:

Which of the warrior sticks has a 'stiff' blade? Ive heard the True blades have that splitting issue that Eastons had, is that true? 

Been using the 2018 A6.0 SBP for about 6months now and the blade is holding up pretty nicely with no splitting anywhere. Think that BRT+ they have in the blade is working. I recommend the 2018 A6.0 SBP - it’s one of my all time favorite. Pretty durable (only cosmetic “battle scars” after 6months), very well balanced and has ALOT of kick.