Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BenBreeg

Question about Warrior Alpha gloves

I have been set on buying Alphas since I really love how flexible they are in the hand and the roomier 4 roll fit.  But I tried them on again yesterday and noticed the cuff was more restricting than I thought.  My Eagle X70 gloves are open on the ulnar side and I can bend my wrist pretty much in full range of motion the Alphas as are stitched together there.  Coverts solve this with the floating type cuff but not sure I want the tight fit plus I don't love non-4 roll look that much.

Can I snip some of the stitching to open this up without it starting to fray?

I had the exact same problem with the Alpha and AX1 gloves. After giving us arguably the best cuff design of all time with the Franchise im not sure who at Warrior thought these were upgrades.

I’d check out the Bauer and CCM 4 roll gloves as they aren’t restrictive in the exact spot you describe. It may also be worth trying the Vapor or FT1 lines as they’re a hair tighter in the hand but have the super open blooming cuff you’re looking for. Just my take as I’m not a fan of having to mod brand new gear to make it work.

Other option is try to track down a pair of Franchises through sideline, eBay, here, etc. 

Edited by Cavs019

3 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

I have been set on buying Alphas since I really love how flexible they are in the hand and the roomier 4 roll fit.  But I tried them on again yesterday and noticed the cuff was more restricting than I thought.  My Eagle X70 gloves are open on the ulnar side and I can bend my wrist pretty much in full range of motion the Alphas as are stitched together there.  Coverts solve this with the floating type cuff but not sure I want the tight fit plus I don't love non-4 roll look that much.

Can I snip some of the stitching to open this up without it starting to fray?

I did this myself. You can snip it without any issues.