Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
suttsy23*

CCM RBZ Skate

Hey everyone, I got a question for all of you. 

I am a retired minor pro player, I’ve been wearing the old CCM RBZ skate for a number the years (the original RBZ) and have come down to my last pair. 

What skate on the market currently fits most like the RBZ? I don’t wanna pull a Patty Marleau and contemplate retirement due to a lack of comfortable skates for my wide, flat feet. 

Thanks in advance 

54 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Bauer Nexus line probably.  With that said, it's still pretty easy to find used pairs of the RBZ depending on your size.

Nexus are for high arched feet. I have wide, flat feet like the OP and had to go customs after trying to skate in Nexus. He may be able to replicate the features on that skate to some degree with getting a custom one-piece CCM skate.

2 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Bauer Nexus line probably.  With that said, it's still pretty easy to find used pairs of the RBZ depending on your size.

Ya unfortunately, im a 7 in one skate, 7.5 in the other, ee in one, eee in the the other. so finding used skates is not an option. 

1 hour ago, CigarScott said:

Nexus are for high arched feet. I have wide, flat feet like the OP and had to go customs after trying to skate in Nexus. He may be able to replicate the features on that skate to some degree with getting a custom one-piece CCM skate.

That's the route I imagined I would end up having to go. What'd you end up going with? I've had my eye on true.

29 minutes ago, suttsy23* said:

That's the route I imagined I would end up having to go. What'd you end up going with? I've had my eye on true.

I did end up going with True. I may try the CCM customs next time I need a new pair just to see what they can do for me. But if you have weird feet where no line by either Bauer or CCM fits your profile, you don't have to worry about be shoehorned, no pun intended, into a skate family that may have aspects that aren't ideal for you.