Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ParabolicActivity

How "low kick" is the CCM pro stock "LK" flex profile?

How "low kick" is the CCM pro stock "LK" profile on Super Tacks 2.0 sticks specifically? I just got one and I was worried because I really like the ST 2.0 flex profile. But it is soft up top and flexing just like I am used to. I ended up buying the stick because I read several comments fron other people who like mid kick sticks still enjoying the "LK" sticks. When I flex this stick next to my other 2.0s, I can not visibly notice a difference. So what is the difference here?

20 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

How "low kick" is the CCM pro stock "LK" profile on Super Tacks 2.0 sticks specifically? I just got one and I was worried because I really like the ST 2.0 flex profile. But it is soft up top and flexing just like I am used to. I ended up buying the stick because I read several comments fron other people who like mid kick sticks still enjoying the "LK" sticks. When I flex this stick next to my other 2.0s, I can not visibly notice a difference. So what is the difference here?

I think LK means its a Team Stick.

This actually has me even more convinced that the LK does not mean low kick. So many of these ST team sticks have the code like this for example "M - P19 85 T LK". Well if M truely means mid kick, then LK must mean something else. These sticks, mine at least, kicks mid-high, like a traditional ST 2.0.

The First letter, "M" in this case designates where it's made.

So "M - P19 85 T LK" would resolve to:

Made in Factory "M" 85 Flex, Traditional Shaft, Low Kick.

I will agree with you fully that my LK ProStock SuperTacks 2.0 "feels" like a mid/dual flex, but I am also not very sensitive to these things, I just know if a stick feels right or not, and this is one of the best stick I've ever used. 

Edited by Giltis

On 3/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, Giltis said:

This guide is the best thing there is out there for stick codes and to my knowledge was put together by a few EQM's. So it should be pretty spot on. The LK does in fact mean low kick.

9 hours ago, darkhors said:

This guide is the best thing there is out there for stick codes and to my knowledge was put together by a few EQM's. So it should be pretty spot on. The LK does in fact mean low kick.

Well this guide lists the "M" on the stick as both indicating the factory it was produced in and as being a mid kick. So it leaves us guessing here.

I feel my "LK" Super Tacks 2.0 shoots very different from my retail 2.0.

I wouldn't say it's quite the same as shooting a QRL or EK365, but the kickpoint is definitely noticeably lower than the retail version. I like it a lot.

34 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Well this guide lists the "M" on the stick as both indicating the factory it was produced in and as being a mid kick. So it leaves us guessing here.

M was mid flex (85), not mid kick. This was on older models before they started printing the flex number on pro stock sticks. 

Your stick is a low kick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

M was mid flex (85), not mid kick. This was on older models before they started printing the flex number on pro stock sticks. 

Your stick is a low kick. 

Beat me to it. 

To further clarify the flex profile portion of the code will be in larger font and at the bottom of the label. The factory M is at the top in smaller font.

That said the LK tacks doesn't really feel like that low of a kickpoint to me. Seems comparable to my true a4.5 sbp, so maybe mid-low would describe it better?