Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
privateer454

Thoughts about these used custom skates?

Long time lurker, first time poster. Modsquad has been my go to for equipment info for a while now.

After having gotten hooked on prostock sticks, I found a good deal on a pair of used Bauer 1S custom skates. Bauer couldn't give me any info, but it looks like non-formed eyelets, One95 style tongues, and non-adjustable tendon guard. Beyond the risk of used, and particularly used custom (i.e, are the measurements really strange), what are your thoughts about the obvious modifications? Asking price is about half of new customs.

https://imgur.com/F6xryAZ

Edited by privateer454

Thank you. Yes, I was worried about the fit, but was going to take a chance if the details made it too good to pass up. Well, I guess they were for someone, as they sold this morning. 

On a related note, any ideas as to why a large number of the pro stock Bauer 1S and 2S skates seem to do away with the retail adjustable tendon guard?

I suspect Its a durability issue with the adjustable flex tendon guard. I forgot which release of the supremes that started this. I do recall people pulling on the tendon guard when removing skates and breaking them off

3 hours ago, privateer454 said:

Thank you. Yes, I was worried about the fit, but was going to take a chance if the details made it too good to pass up. Well, I guess they were for someone, as they sold this morning. 

On a related note, any ideas as to why a large number of the pro stock Bauer 1S and 2S skates seem to do away with the retail adjustable tendon guard?

Doesn’t using traditional eyelets change the tendon guard as well?  Not sure if pro skates are held to that but without looking I think that is the case on the order form.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:40 AM, privateer454 said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Modsquad has been my go to for equipment info for a while now.

After having gotten hooked on prostock sticks, I found a good deal on a pair of used Bauer 1S custom skates. Bauer couldn't give me any info, but it looks like non-formed eyelets, One95 style tongues, and non-adjustable tendon guard. Beyond the risk of used, and particularly used custom (i.e, are the measurements really strange), what are your thoughts about the obvious modifications? Asking price is about half of new customs.

https://imgur.com/F6xryAZ

What size is that?