Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
kpyoung

Zuperior M

Recently replaced some old holders that had been well loved. I figure I went from about a 9 or 10 ft radius (just from sharpening and not paying attention) to fresh steel that was 11ft stock and really enjoyed the difference. I've played hockey my whole life but never tried different profiles so I figured id get a couple of extra set of steel and try it out. I tried the Quad 1 and Zuperior M.

Acceleration - 4.5 - Definitely felt like I got a better kick in a straight line and crossing over than my standard skates. My skating is louder for sure. I'd be curious to time myself to see if I was actually faster or if it just felt better on my foot/was in my head but I can say I felt a little faster. (No big difference in my opinion between Zup M and Quad 1 in this regard)

Mobility - 4.2 - The Zuperior M was a definite improvement my current 11ft radius but it had a similar (potential) issue to the Quad 1 where my edges felt a little sloppy as my foot/ankle turned but not as much as the quad.

Speed - 4.3 - Just like the Quad I didn't feel like my top end speed was much faster but I was a little more confident in my edges which made me able/want to keep my speed up a little more

Stability - 5 - By far the best part of this profile. It felt like there was more/better support on the heel of my foot, but I could still lean back and get to the back of my skate so that my balance and confidence shifting my weight around was a really nice feeling and a definite improvement on my current set up. (I'm just leaving this section as a copy and paste from my review of the Quad 1. The feeling on the bottom of my foot was so similar and the differences were so slight that this category was a dead heat.)