Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
chikinpotpie

Warrior new on ice equipment supplier to ECHL

Bah I'm a CCM guy and there is an ECHL team in my city, was hoping for a steady influx of pro stock CCM gloves and sticks. Not a fan of Warriors stuff, especially their protective. I guess the good news is they'll sell off pretty much all of their unused inventory in preparation to change over to Warrior. 

I’m torn, as someone who also lives in a ECHL market I’m excited for the EQ sale to pick up some new CCM gloves and I love the Tacks helmet so I’ll get some more of those. But I also love Warrior sticks so that will be a plus going forward 

edit: also saw that Athletic Knit will be the new Jersey provider https://www.echl.com/en/news/2019/4/athletic-knit-named-exclusive-jersey-provider-of-the-echl

Edited by cjpritch

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yuck. 

I've had good experiences with AK jerseys.  Is there something I'm missing in the article?

10 minutes ago, chikinpotpie said:

I doubt his personal preference is in the article. 

Could've sworn it was... or you just needed to find a thread to pad your post count.

5 hours ago, mickz said:

I've had good experiences with AK jerseys.  Is there something I'm missing in the article?

Just so many better options.

4 hours ago, mickz said:

Could've sworn it was... or you just needed to find a thread to pad your post count.

I don’t think somebody who has been as big of a part of this site as him really needs to worry about his post count

It's very interesting how Warrior got into a position to do this.  

A few years back, there were a lot of people in the industry who wondered how they were still around.  But they've put out a lot of good product, have good relationships with the major dealers (until a couple of years ago, one of them would barely touch them), strong at pro, and have the best social media in the industry.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It's very interesting how Warrior got into a position to do this.  

A few years back, there were a lot of people in the industry who wondered how they were still around.  But they've put out a lot of good product, have good relationships with the major dealers (until a couple of years ago, one of them would barely touch them), strong at pro, and have the best social media in the industry.  

They've been the official equipment provider for the SPHL as long as I've been a fan and other than the Covert twigs snapping at their kick points constantly, I haven't heard any complaints from anyone but players really only use their sticks, helmets, gloves and pants. I don't know if many players use their protective and obviously they don't make skates so you see everyone with Bauer, CCM, or True. My understanding with the AHL and ECHL is that any player on a two-way contract can use whatever gear they want and only guys directly signed by the minor teams are obligated to use CCM (now Warrior). I was at a couple Calder Cup games last year and most of the top prospects for the Stars & Marlies weren't using CCM gear.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 11:18 AM, CigarScott said:

They've been the official equipment provider for the SPHL as long as I've been a fan and other than the Covert twigs snapping at their kick points constantly, I haven't heard any complaints from anyone but players really only use their sticks, helmets, gloves and pants. I don't know if many players use their protective and obviously they don't make skates so you see everyone with Bauer, CCM, or True. My understanding with the AHL and ECHL is that any player on a two-way contract can use whatever gear they want and only guys directly signed by the minor teams are obligated to use CCM (now Warrior). I was at a couple Calder Cup games last year and most of the top prospects for the Stars & Marlies weren't using CCM gear.

Protective doesn't fall under this.  It's always been about the product you can see.

When all of this started, CCM's aim was to get players into their product at the CHL level, so that way as they moved on to minor league hockey, they would still use it, then once in the NHL, they would stick with it.  There was no way that a player was going to be forced to use a brand they didn't want to if they were on a one-way.

• Like 2