Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cavs019

Nexus pants going the way of the dodo?

Haven’t seen anything regarding a “2N” and the 1N has been on clearance for some time now. Is Bauer dropping down to only tapered pant (Vapor) and hybrid pant-girdle (Supreme) offerings?

Curious as I’m in the market new pants and love my Nexus 800s - I guess it’s a question of stocking up on what’s currently available or waiting for a new model if one does in fact exist. 

11 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

Haven’t seen anything regarding a “2N” and the 1N has been on clearance for some time now. Is Bauer dropping down to only tapered pant (Vapor) and hybrid pant-girdle (Supreme) offerings?

Curious as I’m in the market new pants and love my Nexus 800s - I guess it’s a question of stocking up on what’s currently available or waiting for a new model if one does in fact exist. 

I don't remember where I heard it and it may have been bad info. Apparently the 2S Pro pants will be a continuation of the Supreme line's hybrid style while the rest of the line will be a Nexus-like fit.

It might be incorrect but it seems as if the Nexus pants are more popular than Supremes, so it may be possible.

Edited by nutters

The Nexus and Supreme lines are going to "merge" and the Nexus line is slowly going to be phased out entirely over time. Similar to how CCM has the JetSpeed and the Tacks lines, Bauer will start doing the same. 

2 hours ago, nutters said:

I don't remember where I heard it and it may have been bad info. Apparently the 2S Pro pants will be a continuation of the Supreme line's hybrid style while the rest of the line will be a Nexus-like fit.

It might be incorrect but it seems as if the Nexus pants are more popular than Supremes, so it may be possible.

6 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

The Nexus and Supreme lines are going to "merge" and the Nexus line is slowly going to be phased out entirely over time. Similar to how CCM has the JetSpeed and the Tacks lines, Bauer will start doing the same. 

Yeah Nexus will soon just be sticks and gloves

Interesting. Will the top end “traditional” Supreme pant be fully spec’ed with 37.5 et al?

Thanks guys. 

Edited by Cavs019

3 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

Interesting. Will the top end “traditional” Supreme pant be fully spec’ed with 37.5 et al?

Thanks guys. 

I imagine. Though, 37.5 I think is going away pretty soon. 

That would be unfortunate. 37.5 is the primary reason I continue using Bauer anything. The 37.5 base layer is amazing, and their goalie mask sweat bands are fantastic. 

46 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

That would be unfortunate. 37.5 is the primary reason I continue using Bauer anything. The 37.5 base layer is amazing, and their goalie mask sweat bands are fantastic. 

This. Perhaps the liner is keeping gear fresh for too long which means less frequent repeat purchases. Or it’s too expensive. Who knows. 

Either way - it seems like too many good innovations in this industry get canned for no reason.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

My assumption is the cost for them licensing to use 37.5 is just too costly or perhaps they are going to move to something like Filium. 

http://filium.com/technology/

I am a huge advocate of Filium so I hope to see more companies start to use it. 

That's a shame. I love my Dallas Stars Pro Stock pants that are a version of the Nexus line, even if they are a couple of iterations old & a non-retail version. They are super comfortable & feel bulletproof on the ice (I can see why Erik Cole chose to wear them).

On 4/24/2019 at 12:16 AM, Nicholas G said:

The Nexus and Supreme lines are going to "merge" and the Nexus line is slowly going to be phased out entirely over time.

Boo!

9 hours ago, LoneStar77 said:

That's a shame. I love my Dallas Stars Pro Stock pants that are a version of the Nexus line, even if they are a couple of iterations old & a non-retail version. They are super comfortable & feel bulletproof on the ice (I can see why Erik Cole chose to wear them).

But the Nexus line was the old Supreme line so it's basically just coming around full circle.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

But the Nexus line was the old Supreme line so it's basically just coming around full circle.

Good to know, thanks. I wore a mid-level Supreme pant before I picked up the pro stock ones.

30 minutes ago, LoneStar77 said:

Good to know, thanks. I wore a mid-level Supreme pant before I picked up the pro stock ones.

Yea basically the same pants then. Supreme line moved to be a girdle, so they slapped the nexus name on the old supreme pants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

No skates ?

I don't believe so as I heard they never sold well. Telling when Bauer didn't release the 2N Pro at retail. 

2 hours ago, nutters said:

I don't believe so as I heard they never sold well. Telling when Bauer didn't release the 2N Pro at retail. 

Think they will still be available on myBauer tho

On 4/24/2019 at 3:32 PM, Nicholas G said:

My assumption is the cost for them licensing to use 37.5 is just too costly or perhaps they are going to move to something like Filium. 

http://filium.com/technology/

I am a huge advocate of Filium so I hope to see more companies start to use it. 

Could be, most of this tech is handled by a few specialty shops.  The hockey companies arent designing and coming up with new materials.  I recently did a medical softgoods product and we delved into the modern materials pretty deep.  

Which of the CCM pants is closest in fit to the Nexus pants? How do the True / Warriors fit compared to the Nexus line? I have 800s I love but also want to try something new

Edited by Cove

I didn't want to start a new thread but I was considering getting some Nexus pants but HM doesn't have them in my size anymore. Currently have Quiklite's which I assume are similar to Vapor pants. I've really never liked tapered fit anything other than some gloves, so I'm considering going back to more traditional fit pants.

Are there any pants that offer any kind of protection in the red area? Took a clapper there on Saturday and my leg and purple bruise still aren't too thrilled.

kngClFnm.png

2 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

I didn't want to start a new thread but I was considering getting some Nexus pants but HM doesn't have them in my size anymore. Currently have Quiklite's which I assume are similar to Vapor pants. I've really never liked tapered fit anything other than some gloves, so I'm considering going back to more traditional fit pants.

Are there any pants that offer any kind of protection in the red area? Took a clapper there on Saturday and my leg and purple bruise still aren't too thrilled.

kngClFnm.png

I would look at a girdle. They offer some protectin in that area.

warrior-hockey-girdle-qre-pro-sr.jpg

Can this be worn under pants or will that be too bulky and is only meant to be used with a shell?

Edited by z1ggy