Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
FlyChicaga

Improper steel size

I have a feeling I'm going to get blasted asking this question, but I have to anyways.

I picked up a pair of CCM skates with Tuuk LS Edge holders, coming from Bauer 1S skates with the same. I have been running two sets of Step Blacksteel in my 1S skates, with a size 272 runner. The new CCM skates have a 280 holder.

I have size 280 Blacksteel on order, but it will not be here in time for my game this weekend. Can I get away with the 272 in the 280 holder for just one C-level men's league game? Or should I grab a set of non-Blacksteel steel for this one game and just use as backup steel down the line?

49 minutes ago, FlyChicaga said:

I have a feeling I'm going to get blasted asking this question, but I have to anyways.

I picked up a pair of CCM skates with Tuuk LS Edge holders, coming from Bauer 1S skates with the same. I have been running two sets of Step Blacksteel in my 1S skates, with a size 272 runner. The new CCM skates have a 280 holder.

I have size 280 Blacksteel on order, but it will not be here in time for my game this weekend. Can I get away with the 272 in the 280 holder for just one C-level men's league game? Or should I grab a set of non-Blacksteel steel for this one game and just use as backup steel down the line?

I don't think the different length blades are interchangeable. The longer blade is going to have a longer holder which is going to have a longer distance between the tabbed pieces of the blade. 

Bauer-Tuuk-Holder-Runner-Size.jpg

Surprisingly, the 272 fit in the 280 holder. It's just that the curved ends of the blade aren't as close to the ends of the holder (4mm per side basically). So I'm unsure if I'll trip and fall in a tight turn due to that difference.

Howdy,

If the blade is centered in the holder and you've been skating on 272 already, I'd give it a go.  Doesn't sound like any more of a risk of something bad happening than it would be changing from 272 runners to 280 runners.  🙂

Mark

On 5/3/2019 at 7:56 PM, FlyChicaga said:

Surprisingly, the 272 fit in the 280 holder. It's just that the curved ends of the blade aren't as close to the ends of the holder (4mm per side basically). So I'm unsure if I'll trip and fall in a tight turn due to that difference.

That's interesting. 

There is no way 272 is locked in a 280. Extremely dangerous.

For shits and giggles I tried it. And while it looks like its in the front is jot locked in. One bad turn d a rut and your facked.

Edited by oldtrainerguy28
  • Like 1