Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Lihp8270

A couple of Stable 26 questions

Good morning all. 

Reading some historical posts has led me to buying a pair of Stable 26 socks to get my ankle locked in my S29 skates properly. 

I will start with, OMG, I think I finally experienced “heel lock” for the first time ever in skates. Ok. So team training was probably the wrong time to adjust, but my foot felt so planted and solid in the boot it was quite amazing.

Now, as for the fitting options, after trial and error, I find that I am using 4mm outside and nothing inside on both feet. Does this seem unusual? Should I try 2 and 2 instead? 

When I tried anything with a 2 on the inside, I could feel the silicone pad pushing into my foot. But I don’t think I actually tried 2+2. So, is 4 + 0 ok?

Secondly, I’m not the most domesticated person, the instructions say to wash inside the laundry bag (with the silicone pads in), it also says to dry with a dryer and not hung to air dry. Does this mean dry while they are inside the laundry bag?  Are the silicone pads ok in the dryer? I’m unsure of the settings i just stick it on synthetic auto dry and let it do its thing. 😂

Turn the sicks inside out to wash leave the silicone in. Best way.  Hang dry never hurt and they will last longer. More on the outside is always best least on the inside. That being said I had a girl 6 and 6 and 6 and 4. ? Very skinny heel in custom Bauers. Her dad played in the show. In Winnipeg.  Bought 6 pairs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Turn the sicks inside out to wash leave the silicone in. Best way.  Hang dry never hurt and they will last longer. More on the outside is always best least on the inside. That being said I had a girl 6 and 6 and 6 and 4. ? Very skinny heel in custom Bauers. Her dad played in the show. In Winnipeg.  Bought 6 pairs. 

I’m certainly buying a couple more at payday as we have a road trip coming up. 

I don’t think I could skate without them now, biggest game changer I’ve experienced. 

Why do the instructions say not to hang?

One of the best hockey purchases I’ve made. I have horrific skate and feet issues. Narrow heel and huge wide foot. These and powerfoot inserts have helped so much. I have control and don’t have heel lift anymore. 

1 hour ago, Oilers97 said:

One of the best hockey purchases I’ve made. I have horrific skate and feet issues. Narrow heel and huge wide foot. These and powerfoot inserts have helped so much. I have control and don’t have heel lift anymore. 

I have these and speedplates. Control less so at the moment. 

I never realised how much my foot moved prior, or how much my technique relies on that movement. 

But here’s to improving and getting better again now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lihp8270 said:

I have these and speedplates. Control less so at the moment. 

I never realised how much my foot moved prior, or how much my technique relies on that movement. 

But here’s to improving and getting better again now. 

Yeah I have superfeet soles. Yeah I had no idea how bad  it was until last game with all the inserts and socks. I felt in control. My feet didn’t feel foreign and clunky.