Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
texspeleo

Women’s breezers with better protection

I could use some help.  My daughter is about 5'-3" or 5'-4", weighs about 120, and plays boys checking. For sizing purposes, she has an athletic build, and does not have the bigger hips yet. She has used hand-me-down Tacklas from her older brother for the last 5 years, and loves them. Her current girdle is an older Tackla 4000, size Sr Small, and it fits fine except it is getting to be about an inch too short. We are at the end of big brother providing girdles, because he still uses a Tackla 4000 Sr Med Tall. (She tried it on and it is probably 2+ inches too long.) We have also tried on an old Bauer One95 Sr Medium girdle that was a little too long. We don't live near any LHS that has higher end equipment to try on, so some guessing begins. 

Tackla is horrible at providing any length info, and other manufacturers are guidelines at best. Ice Warehouse is stocking the older version Tackla 4400, which is a little lacking in padding and durability, but I can use some older Tackla pads I have been hoarding to supplement. Tackla also has come out with their new "breezers", but I know nothing about them other than we have liked previous Tackla offerings. CCM has their Tacks line (I used the old 9k's so I am a little familiar), and Warrior with their Covert which we know nothing about.  I know it is a crapshoot, but logic dictates we should need a regular Medium in Tackla, but I struggle with the others.

CCM:  I read the Tacks run small. (Does that mean tight, or short, or both??) Based on size info, it would appear she needs a Sr Small, correct?

Warrior:  Again, based on sizing charts, a Sr Small?

New Tackla Breezers: Does anyone know where to find any length or height info for sizing these girdles? Or who to contact? I don't want to assume these new ones will follow the old sizing. 

Thanks for any feedback. 

10 hours ago, talkintothemike said:

I could use some help.  My daughter is about 5'-3" or 5'-4", weighs about 120, and plays boys checking. For sizing purposes, she has an athletic build, and does not have the bigger hips yet. She has used hand-me-down Tacklas from her older brother for the last 5 years, and loves them. Her current girdle is an older Tackla 4000, size Sr Small, and it fits fine except it is getting to be about an inch too short. We are at the end of big brother providing girdles, because he still uses a Tackla 4000 Sr Med Tall. (She tried it on and it is probably 2+ inches too long.) We have also tried on an old Bauer One95 Sr Medium girdle that was a little too long. We don't live near any LHS that has higher end equipment to try on, so some guessing begins. 

Tackla is horrible at providing any length info, and other manufacturers are guidelines at best. Ice Warehouse is stocking the older version Tackla 4400, which is a little lacking in padding and durability, but I can use some older Tackla pads I have been hoarding to supplement. Tackla also has come out with their new "breezers", but I know nothing about them other than we have liked previous Tackla offerings. CCM has their Tacks line (I used the old 9k's so I am a little familiar), and Warrior with their Covert which we know nothing about.  I know it is a crapshoot, but logic dictates we should need a regular Medium in Tackla, but I struggle with the others.

CCM:  I read the Tacks run small. (Does that mean tight, or short, or both??) Based on size info, it would appear she needs a Sr Small, correct?

Warrior:  Again, based on sizing charts, a Sr Small?

New Tackla Breezers: Does anyone know where to find any length or height info for sizing these girdles? Or who to contact? I don't want to assume these new ones will follow the old sizing. 

Thanks for any feedback. 

In my experience the Tacks run a little short. I'm 5' 9", 163 lbs and the medium was about an inch or so too short even when extended. The pant fit great otherwise. I ended up in a Warrior medium. Which was a little longer, other aspects of the fit were the same. For her size, maybe a youth large??