Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
sbecks72986

Warrior Fantom QRE

this stick is coming out in less than 2 weeks and I haven’t seen pre orders on any site at all not much information on the stick. Is this gonna be a in store only stick like the ADV?

360g sounds interesting but I sure hope the Fantom is more durable than the garbage QRE SL... My kid broke his QRE SL in less than 3 weeks and he NEVER breaks sticks. One of his teammate also broke his in less than 3 weeks. The QRE SL was the most disappointing stick we've ever tried, meanwhile his go-to stick, the regular QRE stick has been a total tank and surprisingly lasted for months and still going strong.

Edited by Coldclay

29 minutes ago, iameric said:

The QREdge is made in Mexico, the QRE SL is made in china, maybe that why

Meh, I've used plenty of made in China Warriors that held up well. Probably more to do with what they are doing to reduce weight.

39 minutes ago, Coldclay said:

360g sounds interesting but I sure hope the Fantom is more durable than the garbage QRE SL... My kid broke his QRE SL in less than 3 weeks and he NEVER breaks sticks. One of his teammate also broke his in less than 3 weeks. The QRE SL was the most disappointing stick we've ever tried, meanwhile his go-to stick, the regular QRE stick has been a total tank and surprisingly lasted for months and still going strong.

My QRE broke snapped right at the shaft meets blade it lasted awhile though. I think the SL might have been less durable bc they used same carbon fiber just layered differently maybe less layers. The Fantom should be more durable bc it uses the 18k carbon flat tow weave it’s lighter weight and stronger. It’s like the Bauer and CCM carbon.

3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I thought Warrior wanted to start manufacturing everything in Mexico? 

That's not feasible, especially on the low-end products.  Makes more sense to make it overseas.

Not only that, but the manufacturing process for the QRESL/Fantom isn't the process they use in their Mexican factory.

Warrior put on IG that it will be 12 sticks per store W03 and W28 curves will be available. In store only. Haven’t heard about price yet but probably $350

On 5/17/2019 at 12:29 PM, sbecks72986 said:

Warrior put on IG that it will be 12 sticks per store W03 and W28 curves will be available. In store only. Haven’t heard about price yet but probably $350

Great......I'm sure there will be plenty on eBay for $600+.

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, sbecks72986 said:

It's a prepack, no choices on curves and hands was my understanding. But it was in fact limited to W03 and W28 curve patterns. Stores got a mix of flexes and hands. 

Edited by Nicholas G

Saw these at my local Sportchek on the weekend. $399 in Canada. Nice feeling stick but it felt like a typical 400g stick to me. If I hadn't read that it's 360g I wouldn't have said it was that much lighter.

I'm all for pushing the envelope and new technology and all that but this price point for a stick that a lot of guys won't get two months out of is trending in the wrong direction.

colins

On 5/27/2019 at 12:36 AM, Nicholas G said:

It's a prepack, no choices on curves and hands was my understanding. But it was in fact limited to W03 and W28 curve patterns. Stores got a mix of flexes and hands. 

W28 in 85 flex only which is disappointing. 

On 5/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, colins said:

Saw these at my local Sportchek on the weekend. $399 in Canada. Nice feeling stick but it felt like a typical 400g stick to me. If I hadn't read that it's 360g I wouldn't have said it was that much lighter.

I'm all for pushing the envelope and new technology and all that but this price point for a stick that a lot of guys won't get two months out of is trending in the wrong direction.

colins

I happened to walk by the display at Sportchek a couple days ago and I thought the exact same thing you did. Felt like any other 400g stick I've held. If you held the QR Edge and the Fantom in your hands one after the other you'd probably notice the difference, but in a game situation I can't see the player finding the Fantom to be any lighter than the basic QR Edge. 

I got one, definitely lighter than the Edge. Grip is nice, good pop, shoots similarly to the Edge. One thing I will say is that it’s been three games with it and I’m still unsure about the feel. Definitely not used to it yet. Solid stick, took many hacks throughout the three games it does have under it’s belt and holding up nicely