Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Vapor 2X Pro Custom is now available

Different readings as to skate family or size?  I find it to be most accurate when the scan is done barefoot with a very slight knee bend.

So here's my take on the scans.  The algorithms used are formulated to determine best fit or what I call primary fit.  There's always a secondary fit in most cases.  Some feet borderline on the threshold of two families, Vapor/Supreme or Supreme/Nexus.  I normally get Supreme but will sometimes come up Vapor.  I feel Supreme is my primary fit and Vapor my secondary.  I've worn both without any issue.  

My recommendation is try on both and see what fits better or feels better to you.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bizz22 said:

I get the same length every time but it has put me in Nexus a few times and Supremes a few other. All done barefoot. 

Do you follow any preparation steps to avoid different scans due to potential differences in foot volume from swelling? I've often heard feet swell during the day, depending on what they've been through. If your feet have been through different activity days up to the moment of the scan, is it possible a little swelling is bumping you over the threshold from Supreme to Nexus? Just a thought.

Does anyone know how they size the Tuuks If your custom skates are two different sizes for example a 6.75 and 7 would they both have a 263mm tuuk (size 7 Tuuk)

10 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Yes...holders and runners are matched. 

I probably didn’t word my question good. I figured they’d be matched but would the go with the larger tuuk on both if one size is a quarter or half size smaller. I’d hate to see a size 6 tuuk on a 7 just bc other skate is a 6.5 or 6.75

1 hour ago, sbecks72986 said:

I probably didn’t word my question good. I figured they’d be matched but would the go with the larger tuuk on both if one size is a quarter or half size smaller. I’d hate to see a size 6 tuuk on a 7 just bc other skate is a 6.5 or 6.75

Typically they use the larger of the two sizes 

7 hours ago, sbecks72986 said:

5 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Typically they use the larger of the two sizes 

Default for a 6.75 would be a 263 holder.  You can also add a note on the scan requesting that the holders be 263's.

FWIW I have 6.5 and 6.75 and the holders are 263. I was a perfect fit for a Vapor, and a borderline fit for a Supreme, but went for Supreme. The heel and depth are perfect, but the toes are too tight which is nothing to do with the family, since they adjust the width to suit. 

2 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Default for a 6.75 would be a 263 holder.  You can also add a note on the scan requesting that the holders be 263's.

Ok good because I’m coming from 2015 Vapor 1X retail size 7 and they’re 263 and I have the step blacksteel and wanted to use them on the new skates.