Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
stick9

Quad 0 - stick9

Steel: STEP ST 246mm

Hollow: ¾ ROH

About me:  Skating in general has never really been an issue. I’ve always been able to get to where I need to be. I started skating a young and grew up on a lake, so plenty of ice time in the winter. There are some aspects of my skating that could be better. I have had issues with decreased agility and lack of overall stability in the past. Normally I rotate two sets of steel. The first set is stock Bauer LS4 profiled to a Quad 0 by Shayne from Pro Sharp, the second is stock STEP Edge. When I started this program I purchased a set of Tydan from the pro shop here at MSH.

The stock STEP profile is my control set.

Review:

I’ve spent more time on this profile than any other, except maybe my control set. I’ve been using the Quad 0 since before this project began. I had been on my new skates for about six months. Coming from a larger skate with a bigger holder, I missed some that extra steel on the ice. Dropping down in size had a positive impact on mobility and acceleration but the shorter steel lacked the overall speed and stability I got with the longer steel. I ended up talking with JR about possible profiles. He put me in tough with Shayne from ProSharp (we live in the same town). When I tried the quad 0, every aspect felt better. Getting in and out of turns was easier, front to back transitions were easier, I felt more agile in tight spaces and overall straight line speed was increased. I demo’d some other profiles that day. Everything felt better than a stock profile yet nothing felt quite as good as the quad 0. The quad 0 is like a catch all. It does a lot of things really well and seems to appeal to a lot of different players.

Mobility: 4

Stability: 3

Speed: 3

Acceleration: 4

Other profiles on deck:

• 9 | 50mm | 10.5
Edited by stick9