Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Vuronov

"New" Tackla pants at retailers again?

I may just be late to the game in realizing this but has someone new started making and selling Tackla hockey pants in North America?

I just received a pair of 1051 pants direct from the Tackla webstore in Finland (clearance priced and shipping ended up equaling the sale price of the pants) but on a lark was googling Tackla pants and saw that Ice Warehouse, Hockey Monkey, and even Hockey Tron are now selling Tackla pants again. They use the same model names...1051, 951, 9000 etc...and seem to be mostly the same construction as the old models that have been around forever but with a few differences in construction such as the design of the kidney guards or the color of the liner. They all also seem to have only one Tackla diamond on the left leg vs one on each leg like they've done for years (with a few exceptions).

Oddly enough, the finish Tackla website makes no mention of these new looking pants and only have the same old models available that have been around for at least a decade.

Is this something new from Montreal or some one else? And are they basically the same style pants we're all used to?

Thanks!

Good catch. It all looks like the gear that they have for sale on their Finnish site and what their importer in Connecticut carries so perhaps he was able to negotiate with HM and IW to carry the products again. I wear the Air 5000 pants and the ones for sale on these sites are identical to the pair that I ordered from Finland.

They seem to be basically the same design and construction but there seems to be some minor cosmetic differences on the stuff newly in stock on the major online retailers. Like I said, the liner colors seem different and the one Tackla leg diamond vs two seem to be the major differences between these "new" pants vs the same old ones on the Finish website.

My guess is they're the same pants at the core with just some minor differences in looks to "freshen" it up a bit.

Still, nice to seem them being offered again on the big online stores. The pants may not have the latest and greatest materials and marketing tech...but they're still durable tanks and I'm just  a fan of that euro fit.