Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
caveman27

Boston Bruins vs St. Louis Blues

Who will win the Stanley Cup?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Glad you posted, being off today made me forget it started!  Def pro-Blues.  I am neutral on Boston except for Marchand so he is enough to make me root against them.

Edited by BenBreeg

First goals by St. Louis were nice.

First goal by Boston was an interesting mid-air redirect.

So far, good hockey.

I wish I were there. Some interesting food is being served.

Game 1: Monday, May 27, 8 p.m.: Blues @ Bruins (NBC)

Game 2: Wednesday, May 29, 8 p.m.: Blues @ Bruins (NBCSN)

Game 3: Saturday, June 1, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Blues (NBCSN)

Game 4: Monday, June 3, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Blues (NBC)

Game 5*: Thursday, June 6, 8 p.m.: Blues @ Bruins (NBC)

Game 6*: Sunday, June 9, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Blues (NBC)

Game 7*: Wednesday, June 12, 8 p.m.: Blues @ Bruins (NBC)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Not sure if anyone is watching, but, I'm looking forward to seeing this. Neither were front-runners in the regular season.

Really? Boston finished tied for 2nd overall. 

The game had a rusty start. Both teams looked like they had been off too long. The Blues got it going earlier but once Boston found their legs it was game over.

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

Really? Boston finished tied for 2nd overall. 

The game had a rusty start. Both teams looked like they had been off too long. The Blues got it going earlier but once Boston found their legs it was game over.

Yes, I mean neither were in first place at the end of the regular season.

34 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Yes, I mean neither were in first place at the end of the regular season.

They finished second behind a TB team who tied the most wins in a single season with 62. Not sure what else qualifies a team as a front runner. But I admit, if you don't see them on a regular basis you might not know just how good of a season they had. Sort of like how I viewed Calgary.

Edited by stick9
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stick9 said:

They finished second behind a TB team who tied the most wins in a single season with 62. Not sure what else qualifies a team as a front runner.

Tampa Bay were the front runner in the Eastern Conference. Tampa was first in their division, and first in the conference. You could "rationalize" the top four teams of the Eastern Conference as "front runners". Calgary was the front runner in the Western Conference. You could rationalize the top four teams of the Western Conference as front runners too.

11 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Rask on the left has two pairs or trappers and blockers, but Allen has three trappers and two blockers. When did three trappers become a need?

Also neat to see how Rask wants his stored open, and Halak stores his closed. He could be breaking them in too, break in a few and feel how the are during the warmups.

25 minutes ago, Giltis said:

Also neat to see how Rask wants his stored open, and Halak stores his closed. He could be breaking them in too, break in a few and feel how the are during the warmups.

They are probably all broken in, and its just personal preference in how they store them in their locker. Goalies usually break in brand new gloves during practices and use old gloves in regulation games until their new gloves are broken in.

Many goalies have practice gloves that have a lot of extra padding in them that would make them difficult to use in a game. Just think about how many pucks a goalie would see in a practice compared to a game. With that in mind, goalies usually have two game gloves that they either swap out every game, every period, or whenever they feel like (just using the second glove as a backup). It's possible Halak uses one every period, or one of them is his practice glove. All different scenarios why a goalie would have two (or three) gloves and it just depends on the goalie.

• Like 1

This is an interesting article on Halak. He says he doesn't have a practice glove, his game glove has a practice palm. Game palm is too thin for him. It also says he replaces his catch glove/trapper every three weeks. Not sure what that is about considering a glove costs about $500. Article is from 2010.

https://ingoalmag.com/interviews/ask-a-pro-jaroslav-halak-on-new-gloves-and-old-coaches/

Edited by caveman27
  • Like 1

Considering how many sticks a player goes through, spending $500 every 3 weeks on a catching glove doesn't sound so terrible.Teams pay for all the players' equipment, anyway.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:39 PM, chippa13 said:

Considering how many sticks a player goes through, spending $500 every 3 weeks on a catching glove doesn't sound so terrible.Teams pay for all the players' equipment, anyway.

I've never heard of a goalie going through a catch glove every three weeks though. I thought they would use two or three a season. 

On 6/3/2019 at 12:42 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Many goalies have practice gloves that have a lot of extra padding in them that would make them difficult to use in a game. Just think about how many pucks a goalie would see in a practice compared to a game. With that in mind, goalies usually have two game gloves that they either swap out every game, every period, or whenever they feel like (just using the second glove as a backup). It's possible Halak uses one every period, or one of them is his practice glove. All different scenarios why a goalie would have two (or three) gloves and it just depends on the goalie.

I saw a locker room interview and noticed blocker and catcher labeled as practice. I never knew that was a thing. Pretty interesting. 

• Like 1

Should be a good game 5 on Thursday. All the games it seemed as though the winning team thoroughly outplayed the other. Only difference is the Blues win had a closer score. Even though they dominated the Bruins in their wins.  

Chara participated in today's optional skate. He and Grzelcyk are listed as game time decisions. Grzelcyk shed the non-contact jersey and was a full participant. 

In other news. NE Patriots WR Julian Eldeman was on the field today sporting a Bruins jersey.