Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Small holes drilled into skate toe cap?

I had a couple of players come into the store today that play NCAA D1 college and I noticed a couple of them had small holes drilled into the toe caps of their skates. When I asked why they said it was to allow better venting so the skates didn't get as hot and dry faster. Seems logical to me. Wondering if anyone else has ever seen this before? I was gonna snag a photo but didn't get a chance. 

FWIW, a lot of roller hockey skates came with the toe caps pre-drilled to help with ventilation in warmer environments. Not sure if that’s still the case today. I imagine as long as the holes aren’t too big it’s fine from a structural integrity perspective. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Def a necessity for roller hockey. It gets super stuffy. Even the true inline boots have vents on the toecaps. 

Dont missions still have vents out the side too. Heck even first gen missions had vents on the instep(yes I know I am dating my self).  The old mission gloves had vents in them.  Come to think of it so do the newer gen missions.

2 hours ago, jmiro said:

Dont missions still have vents out the side too. Heck even first gen missions had vents on the instep(yes I know I am dating my self).  The old mission gloves had vents in them.  Come to think of it so do the newer gen missions.

Probably I don't follow much inline anymore but all of them should imo. Only makes sense.