Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

I love my original jet speed.  If I like the fit of those should I go ft1 or ft2?  Or the one down from ft2?  Don’t know which would fit closer to original jetspeed.

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try em on and decide.  The ft490 is basically the same thing as the ft1 in terms of fit (from what ive read).  

Edited by Fordyoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mjpisat said:

I love my original jet speed.  If I like the fit of those should I go ft1 or ft2?  Or the one down from ft2?  Don’t know which would fit closer to original jetspeed.

 

thanks

 

The latest line is significantly different. In the FT2, FT1 or FT490 you're getting a one piece composite boot. That's not like the original JetSpeed. You might like it - but it's not like the skate you are coming from.

If you are really married to the idea of finding a skate like the original Jetspeed, you have a couple of options. The FT390 and FT385 have the Speedcore 3 formable core - which is a bit stiffer than the Speedcore 2 in the original Jetspeed.

The FT380 has the Speedcore 2. It's probably the most similar feeling skate you can find to the original Jetspeed. The Jetspeed Control SMU is the FT380 with upgrades from the FT390 and FT1 - it's a great value if you can find any before all the stock runs out.

 

colins

 

Edited by colins
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colins said:

 

The latest line is significantly different. In the FT2, FT1 or FT490 you're getting a one piece composite boot. That's not like the original JetSpeed. You might like it - but it's not like the skate you are coming from.

If you are really married to the idea of finding a skate like the original Jetspeed, you have a couple of options. The FT390 and FT385 have the Speedcore 3 formable core - which is a bit stiffer than the Speedcore 2 in the original Jetspeed.

The FT380 has the Speedcore 2. It's probably the most similar feeling skate you can find to the original Jetspeed. The Jetspeed Control SMU is the FT380 with upgrades from the FT390 and FT1 - it's a great value if you can find any before all the stock runs out.

 

colins

 

 

 

I was was looking for which fits more similar to the first gen jetspeed.  Not so much feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mjpisat said:

I love my original jet speed.  If I like the fit of those should I go ft1 or ft2?  Or the one down from ft2?  Don’t know which would fit closer to original jetspeed.

 

thanks

The FT2 fits closer to the OG JetSpeed. The FT1 and FT490 are a little more snug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mjpisat said:

 

 

I was was looking for which fits more similar to the first gen jetspeed.  Not so much feel.

 

Keep in mind the sizing has changed since the original Jetspeed. You need to go up half a size in the current and previous gen to match the size of the original gen Jetspeed. Other than that, you should find the FT line has a similar fit to the original Jetspeed line.

 

colins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×