Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Bauer 2X / 2X Pro

So, if Supreme is the skate that sells more, whats the reason to almost exclusively put the new tech in that line, instead of spreading it out to both or all three? 

I’ve never really made tech comparisons across models within brand. I would have assumed new tech would be due primarily to launch cycles. 

12 hours ago, start_today said:

So, if Supreme is the skate that sells more, whats the reason to almost exclusively put the new tech in that line, instead of spreading it out to both or all three? 

I’ve never really made tech comparisons across models within brand. I would have assumed new tech would be due primarily to launch cycles. 

There's a cost to developing that tech, so putting into their top seller makes sense. It can be difficult to develop something and make it work across different lines. Sometimes you give up some wow factor in the process. Plus, and this might be the real reason, it requires less engineering resources. 

Is the Vapor 2X (NOT the pro version) also asymmetrical in terms of its volume?

From looking at the pictures, it looks like one side of the skate is longer than the other. If so, how does it compare in terms of fit to the 2X Pro and the previous gen 1X?

2 hours ago, BlueNux said:

Is the Vapor 2X (NOT the pro version) also asymmetrical in terms of its volume?

From looking at the pictures, it looks like one side of the skate is longer than the other. If so, how does it compare in terms of fit to the 2X Pro and the previous gen 1X?

Yes, it is. I don't understand the second part of your question. The 2X and 2X Pro fit the same and thus both are different from the previous 1X. 

19 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Yes, it is. I don't understand the second part of your question. The 2X and 2X Pro fit the same and thus both are different from the previous 1X. 

Different price points often fit differently. For example, the S29 is noticeably more tighter around the arches compared to the 2S and 2S Pro.

I was wondering how the 2X fit might differ from the Pro and 1X (mostly in terms of arches, heel lock, and volume).

1 hour ago, BlueNux said:

Different price points often fit differently. For example, the S29 is noticeably more tighter around the arches compared to the 2S and 2S Pro.

I was wondering how the 2X fit might differ from the Pro and 1X (mostly in terms of arches, heel lock, and volume).

The 2X and the 2X Pro fit the same. The X2.9 and lower fit more like the previous generation 1x. 

8 hours ago, BlueNux said:

I would expect the new models to differ from the previous one. The new toe cap alone would be enough to notice it.

Speaking of the toe cap, it looks huge. Heel cup looks wider as well. So maybe it has a bit more volume overall. I wasn't keen on the looks when the pics came out. Seeing them in person changed my mind. I still think the yellow accents look out of place. 

15 hours ago, stick9 said:

I would expect the new models to differ from the previous one. The new toe cap alone would be enough to notice it.

Speaking of the toe cap, it looks huge. Heel cup looks wider as well. So maybe it has a bit more volume overall. I wasn't keen on the looks when the pics came out. Seeing them in person changed my mind. I still think the yellow accents look out of place. 

I can tell you in the previous generation of Vapor skates I needed a EE but with the current model a EE is sloppy fitting and a D fits much better. The toe and heel is definitely wider. The x2.9 and lower have the older toe cap and thus also fit similar to the older model.