Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lukas

Rubber butt end plug

2 hours ago, Lukas said:

hello so I wondered where can I find the rubber butt ends on a hockey stick for really cheap 

You know you can just cover the end with hockey tape?

1 hour ago, start_today said:

Ask teammates. Lots of people have them lying around. And/or ask your local shop if they have any sitting in the back. How many do you need?

A lot because I’m going to make them custom with our team logo

7 minutes ago, Lukas said:

I can but it just doesn’t look right 

This is probably going to sound odd, but what "look" are you going for?

I've been playing hockey since 1986. I never use a rubber butt end. Are you looking to get Butt Endz type of product?

Think you guys are missing the point, or I'm misunderstanding the question. He's looking to buy end plugs in bulk so he can apply his team logo to them.

For the record, not everyone tapes over the end plug, I don't. Then again I glue mine in place.

Yes because the manufacturer doesn't glue it in and it can pop out under vibration from a shot etc or from your hand rotating / sliding over it. Although rare, I have seen refs go down the bench checking that the end is sealed with something and players miss shifts as they scrambled to tape over the end due to a missing butt plug.

Edited by Vet88

14 hours ago, stick9 said:

Think you guys are missing the point, or I'm misunderstanding the question. He's looking to buy end plugs in bulk so he can apply his team logo to them.

For the record, not everyone tapes over the end plug, I don't. Then again I glue mine in place.

Not sure how you got that from his vague initial post. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Not sure how you got that from his vague initial post. 

16 hours ago, Lukas said:

A lot because I’m going to make them custom with our team logo

That's what tipped me off. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, stick9 said:

oh, well in the case. I don't know of any custom stick butt end manufacturers. Have you thought about custom stickers to put on helmets?

imho that would actually be a better solution, a durable custom sticker. I'd get it made with 4 flaps so you could tape the flaps over the stick to help hold it in place. This way if the player likes a big knob on the end of their stick (as they tape furiously over the butt end) they can still have a logo on the top of it.

• Like 1