Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MrMoose9354

performance level roller hockey sticks

So its really nice to see roller hockey getting a little bit nicer quality sticks with abs blades. In the past ive tried a few different composite/abs sticks with my favorite being sherwoods t25 (i think... either t25 or 35). Has anyone had a chance to try out some of the newer options?

Edited by MrMoose9354

I continue to use a two peice with abs outdoors.  Indoors I use the same model stick i use for ice hockey. I tried a one peice with abs blade from ccm and alkali.  Honestly I think my old warrior shafts with the abs blades from Sherwood are lighter and more responsive.

20 hours ago, jmiro said:

I continue to use a two peice with abs outdoors.  Indoors I use the same model stick i use for ice hockey. I tried a one peice with abs blade from ccm and alkali.  Honestly I think my old warrior shafts with the abs blades from Sherwood are lighter and more responsive.

i used to have an older synergy shaft with a reebok blade and i loved it but i havent had a two piece in a long time and i just think changing the blade is such a chore. I have been considering it though. Have you tried any of the newer sticks? IW has a few sticks that look really promising.

Nothing newer than two years old.  I dont mind changing blades grew up in the aluminum era.   Takes about two minutes.  I honestly cant justify a 50 dollar or more stick. I will wear out in under a month out doors.  Blades are cheap in comparison.  Just my two cents.  

I have done it in the past but i dont know how common it is to just chop the blade off a stick. not that i have a stick i would want to chop right now, but if thats a relatively normal thing to do i will end up just buying a stick then chop it and replace the blade once it wears. I dont get that much play time to be honest so my blades dont actually wear out super quickly.

Then it may be worth it. We play outdoor at least a couple hours a week if not more. My shafts are made for replacement.  A couple guys just use broken one peices cut the blade off and put the replace ment in the other end.

i just put this together. you play 10-13 hours a on a blade and change it? few hours a week of outdoor play and you said you replace almost monthly? What do you do to your blades man? 

We often play more than a couple hours several times a week. I also dont like when the blade is worn real thin.  

Edited by jmiro