Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Meh, I've always thought white trim/uppers can look cool when done right (Think Micron Air 90's.  I wanted a pair of Christian Dube's white trimmed 952's back in the day.  I've seen some True skates at the NHL level that have just the top area of faux leather done in white- looks good.  The Graf "Great White" models were just too white. 

sep-1997-center-christian-dube-of-the-ne

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

Have you ever looked at a hockey skate that has been used.....for hockey? They actually get scuffed, marked, scratched, dirty. Black is practical and will look good longest. Do you know what a white skate would look like after a month's use? Probably the same reason you don't see too many all white tires on cars.

That's the irony of the white skate. You get them because they look cool only to have them look like hot garbage after a few months. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nutters said:

Well it's dead for skates. Going to be odd if they go with blue supreme skates, yellow supreme sticks and blue nexus sticks

I personally think the Supreme and Nexus stick lines will eventually merge. It's just a matter of time.  

On 10/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, All Flash said:

Skate design needs to move on from black being the primary color IMHO.

I think there is a time and place for everything. I'm an unapologetic sneaker head so I appreciate footwear that covers the color spectrum. When it comes to skates though, less is more in my opinion. I understand that companies will use anything as a marketing tool but I personally would keep things simple. Two of my more recent skates (Easton Mako and Bauer Vapor 1X) are probably two of most favorite in regards to performance but way too loud of colorways for my liking haha. I liked the looks of the Easton Mako II and Bauer Vapor 1X LE much more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Kuchs skates look like they have so much volume.. too much volume for him. But that's just by looking at them. 

Maybe he likes a little more room to move over the instep. Before switching to Nexus he wore both Vapor and Supreme, both with the deepest creases I’ve seen since P. Bure.

nikita-kucherov-of-the-tampa-bay-lightni

16 hours ago, flip12 said:

Maybe he likes a little more room to move over the instep. Before switching to Nexus he wore both Vapor and Supreme, both with the deepest creases I’ve seen since P. Bure.

nikita-kucherov-of-the-tampa-bay-lightni

What in the .... 🤯

• Like 1

Just saw this pic on Step's FB page with a different view of Kuch's skates, I don't remember seeing this one posted yet (and most images are blocked at work so sorry if it's old):

72327180_1566667656815072_66760240516741

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Last pic. Looks like formed carbon shot blockers?

you can get kydex in a carbon fiber pattern. Amazon has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldCY said:

Great find. That is the exact product. I was thinking eqm just used rotary tool and cut his own kydex. 

Price isn't that bad either considering it's all laser cut to your skate model 

Edited by Sniper9

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Price isn't that bad either considering it's all laser cut to your skate model 

It is if it's just kydex sheet and double sided tape.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

It is if it's just kydex sheet and double sided tape.  

Yeh I thought it was a bit much. There was a brief window where I thought I could have made some side hustle doing this for $100. Two kids later, I might have to bump the price up and dig out my Icelandic dictionary. 

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, slapshot54 said:

Saw Larkin wearing these new Bauer skates last night.  Different view than the others I’ve seen in this thread.

A3-BD9-AB6-876-A-473-F-A042-A98251-E1482

They’re 2X pros with shot blockers

On 10/19/2019 at 10:16 AM, stick9 said:

That's the irony of the white skate. You get them because they look cool only to have them look like hot garbage after a few months. 

i have these and think they look much better after 6+ months of wear than they did brand new 3a5ef57a54c0baa0_small.jpeg

6 hours ago, asgoodasdead said:

i have these and think they look much better after 6+ months of wear than they did brand new 3a5ef57a54c0baa0_small.jpeg

Not sure I consider those white skates. I think the white accent actually works. When I think white skates, I think Fedorov and the Supreme One.xx LE's from 2012. Gotta have the white toe cap to be a true white skate. Which I think is what makes them look so terrible. 

Edited by stick9