Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

59 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

Some misinformation in that link, namely with offerings at senior. They have 70/77/87 flexes, P92 and P88 for all 3, P28 at 77 and 87 (not sure if also at 70 but I have personally seen P28 on 77 and 87 flex sticks).

Yes, other curves and flexes are available. The information in the link will be correct for the store, each store got to choose which combination of curves and flexes they stocked, so not all are going to be the same.

4 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Some misinformation in that link, namely with offerings at senior. They have 70/77/87 flexes, P92 and P88 for all 3, P28 at 77 and 87 (not sure if also at 70 but I have personally seen P28 on 77 and 87 flex sticks).

They have P28 for 70 flex

RzkPKNO.png?1

4VsUQwc.png?1

QRHHIKv.png?1

iGn01F4.png?1

Some recent stills of Kuch's (same star) new boots. The more I see them, the more they look like the outsole really has crept up onto the quarters, cupping the midfoot and heel.

My thought is, this is Bauer's initial response to the VH/True and CCM monocoque boots. They look like Bauer's interpretation of the Mako is finally here. Even some of the lines of the Mako are still there: of course there's the newer, sleeker toe cap that's already known from the Vapor lineup, but the wrap on Kuch's boots is reminiscent of the Makos (though with more negative space involved in this instance) as is the thick seam where the exposed composite met the plastic wrapping the Makos. In this case it looks like an inversion of its predecessor: instead of the shell of the boot going from exposed to covered as it did on the Mako, the shell of this stealthpreme still appears to be a "two-piece" boot construction with the composite quarters married to the outsole so that the prominent seam marks the end of the outsole's incursion up the rearward sides of the boot.

This makes sense. If it's a viable design, it could allow Bauer to reap similar perceived benefits of the monocoque construction ("perceived" because there are plenty of both yay and naysayers) while minimizing the degree to which they have to alter their construction methods. It can't really be a question of developing their own monocoque boot from scratch, since they own the IP for the Mako. This looks to be Bauer staying true to their ways, which still has them in a fairly comfortable lead in market share if I'm not mistaken, while attempting to fend off competition that has eaten somewhat into that market share of late.

My experience in a monocoque boot (MLX) has made me think the real performance trick has to do with its minimizing torsion which I can easily picture being exaggerated between the various parts that make up the traditional hockey boot twisting independently, as they are subjected to opposing forces in acceleration maneuvers and therefore pull away from each other somewhat. A monocoque boot would unify that system into one part that still probably twists, but as one thing rather than several, which makes for a more much more immediate response. I have no experimental or theoretical physical model showing that this is indeed what happens, it's just what it feels like going from other boots to MLX, and how I picture that feeling when I draw it in my head. There's probably a deal more redundant material in that heel/quarter/outsole sandwich than there would be on Bauer's skates with traditional outsoles which run roughly parallel to the ground (we're a long way removed from OD1N's "LET'S DELETE THE OUTSOLE!!!"), but if this can mimic that reduced interstitial torsion of a monocoque OPB it could be well worth it.

• Like 3

^ to my eye it definitely looks like the "outsole" wraps into the heel area but we'll see if it's a true one piece boot. I wasn't impressed at all by the 2X toe cap compared to how my Mako's were. Even my True toe cap is just the boot material and requires me to make custom powerfoot inserts to get that cushy feel.

With the success of True, Bauer could literally rebrand the original Mako and they’d sell like crazy. The latest Vapor and these unreleased Supreme pics are getting my hopes up for an eventual resurrection.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:54 PM, XS222 said:

Eichel using a CCM stick the same week Bauer releases its Supreme ADV has to sting a little. 

EDIT: fixed my grammar

Using it again tonight too. 

8 hours ago, flip12 said:

RzkPKNO.png?1

4VsUQwc.png?1

QRHHIKv.png?1

iGn01F4.png?1

Some recent stills of Kuch's (same star) new boots. The more I see them, the more they look like the outsole really has crept up onto the quarters, cupping the midfoot and heel.

My thought is, this is Bauer's initial response to the VH/True and CCM monocoque boots. They look like Bauer's interpretation of the Mako is finally here. Even some of the lines of the Mako are still there: of course there's the newer, sleeker toe cap that's already known from the Vapor lineup, but the wrap on Kuch's boots is reminiscent of the Makos (though with more negative space involved in this instance) as is the thick seam where the exposed composite met the plastic wrapping the Makos. In this case it looks like an inversion of its predecessor: instead of the shell of the boot going from exposed to covered as it did on the Mako, the shell of this stealthpreme still appears to be a "two-piece" boot construction with the composite quarters married to the outsole so that the prominent seam marks the end of the outsole's incursion up the rearward sides of the boot.

This makes sense. If it's a viable design, it could allow Bauer to reap similar perceived benefits of the monocoque construction ("perceived" because there are plenty of both yay and naysayers) while minimizing the degree to which they have to alter their construction methods. It can't really be a question of developing their own monocoque boot from scratch, since they own the IP for the Mako. This looks to be Bauer staying true to their ways, which still has them in a fairly comfortable lead in market share if I'm not mistaken, while attempting to fend off competition that has eaten somewhat into that market share of late.

My experience in a monocoque boot (MLX) has made me think the real performance trick has to do with its minimizing torsion which I can easily picture being exaggerated between the various parts that make up the traditional hockey boot twisting independently, as they are subjected to opposing forces in acceleration maneuvers and therefore pull away from each other somewhat. A monocoque boot would unify that system into one part that still probably twists, but as one thing rather than several, which makes for a more much more immediate response. I have no experimental or theoretical physical model showing that this is indeed what happens, it's just what it feels like going from other boots to MLX, and how I picture that feeling when I draw it in my head. There's probably a deal more redundant material in that heel/quarter/outsole sandwich than there would be on Bauer's skates with traditional outsoles which run roughly parallel to the ground (we're a long way removed from OD1N's "LET'S DELETE THE OUTSOLE!!!"), but if this can mimic that reduced interstitial torsion of a monocoque OPB it could be well worth it.

That has to be one of the best looking skates I have ever seen Bauer make. I hope they dont cover it with ridiculous graphics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jared9356 said:

Too bad blue is reserved for the Nexus line because that skate is begging for a One95-ish graphics package. 

Well, since Nexus is dead its possible blue might make it on the Supreme. I think its time to retire the gold/yellow anyway. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Well, since Nexus is dead its possible blue might make it on the Supreme. I think its time to retire the gold/yellow anyway. 

Well it's dead for skates. Going to be odd if they go with blue supreme skates, yellow supreme sticks and blue nexus sticks

Edited by nutters

5 hours ago, All Flash said:

Skate design needs to move on from black being the primary color IMHO.

What would you like to see instead?

3 minutes ago, flip12 said:

What would you like to see instead?

Anything but black. Do you only wear black shoes? At the highest level of hockey , presumably the fastest ,  white for function. Now this only matters at the highest levels because of the speed. Easier to find a black object on a white surface. Any other level , any color , as gaining mere milliseconds in beer league doesn't matter. But for most players  it's all linked to learned preference or a deeper issue really. Now the % may vary player to player but in the end.... Slight discrimination.  That's why 90% of players always say they will hack and slash , or generally give players a hard time for being different when said players wear 'not' black skates , or white gloves , or a smoked/mirrored visor that make them stick out. Even worse is that some players only accept that player if they are really good but even then .... Hope for the best. Like Monty making fun of my name as it connects to me saying something different then the norm. But I am that guy. Not to mention it seems no one now's why skates should be black.  🤨

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, All Flash said:

Anything but black. Do you only wear black shoes?...……………………………... Not to mention it seems no one now's why skates should be black.  🤨

Have you ever looked at a hockey skate that has been used.....for hockey? They actually get scuffed, marked, scratched, dirty. Black is practical and will look good longest. Do you know what a white skate would look like after a month's use? Probably the same reason you don't see too many all white tires on cars.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, All Flash said:

Anything but black. Do you only wear black shoes? At the highest level of hockey , presumably the fastest ,  white for function. Now this only matters at the highest levels because of the speed. Easier to find a black object on a white surface. Any other level , any color , as gaining mere milliseconds in beer league doesn't matter. But for most players  it's all linked to learned preference or a deeper issue really. Now the % may vary player to player but in the end.... Slight discrimination.  That's why 90% of players always say they will hack and slash , or generally give players a hard time for being different when said players wear 'not' black skates , or white gloves , or a smoked/mirrored visor that make them stick out. Even worse is that some players only accept that player if they are really good but even then .... Hope for the best. Like Monty making fun of my name as it connects to me saying something different then the norm. But I am that guy. Not to mention it seems no one now's why skates should be black.  🤨

Football boots are rainbow colored. They don’t face the same treatment as hockey boots though.

Most of my shoes actually are mostly black. My style is more focused on the form pattern and material palette, letting smart decisions in those categories rising to the surface rather than dressing up an otherwise shoddy pair of footwear. I find it’s often the case that where there’s primary focus on the cosmetic, the rest of the aesthetic is compromised. If the use intention is purely that an object be looked at, then that’s fine. As soon as other concerns come into play, such as fit and longevity are concerns in picking a hockey boot, then my aesthetic considerations will take a fuller input into account: touch becomes primary and smell is also important, especially if it’s a used skate.

Edited by flip12

Howdy,

Skates are expensive enough and enough of a PITA to fit / make work that I'm pretty much only going to have one pair.  And given that, black is going to be the best bet for me even if I cared a ton about looks.  And to be fair, I have a pair of white gloves (along with others), so I must care some... 🙂

Mark