Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
rh71el2

Replacement stick

Well I finally broke my beloved Vapor APX2 stick last night.  Have had it for about 5 years which feels like an eternity for a stick, but it was the perfect combo of light and soft feel/flex (77) for < $150 at the time.  Would you guys say the True sticks are the most comparable non-Bauer?  That's what I was told by a local hockey store guy.  He also said most Bauer sticks are grip now which I can't get used to.  Opinions?

Edited by rh71el2

I've only used the true 5.2abp and it's nothing like a vapor. It is similar to the Nexus though but I could still tell the diff.  The ht like of trues are supposed to be low kick and I haven't tried those so that could be comparable. 

I recently got a rekker ek365 and I love it. Got it for only 120ish cdn while on sale. Super light too at about 380 grams but we'll balanced. Rekker is listed as a low kick as well which is what the vapor lines are. 

I'm using a True A6.0 (2018) now. Briefly had a 5.2. Coming from a Ultra-tacks (mid-kick), a Trigger ASY (low-kick) and RBZ Stage 2. I can't speak to how True's compare to Bauer's or Warrior's, but to me the True feels like nothing else I've ever used. Not to say it's better or worse, just feels drastically different at least to me. 

And even if they play like Bauers, be cautious of the blade feel. If I have one complaint about True's, I'm not a huge fan of their blades.