Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MSH Pro Shop closing from 8/26 til first week of September Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
snipecity81

CCM 9k girdle

Yes, you read that right, my local pro shop is selling lots of new 9k girdles re-branded as CCM now. I want to know if anyone is still using them. Going into Junior B and wanted a little more protection, but because of their age I fear they're to heavy. Are they worth paying $180 cad for?

I have one and I love it. Have used it prob close to 6 yrs now. They are definitely heavy compared to pants but I can’t seem to get away from mine. 

2 hours ago, snipecity81 said:

Do you feel the extra protection is worth the extra heaviness? 

Yes, it is worth it. Best girdle on the market, as long as they are the same as the 9k branded rbk ones. And I have had my pick of top of the line pants but I just keep coming back to how well this girdle works and how much protection it offers.

I absolutely loved my 9K girdle. The only reason I switched to pants was because my legs would get ridiculously hot. The pants breathe more since they aren't fastened so close to the leg. Protection-wise I felt the 9K was above my HP45.

On 7/4/2019 at 5:56 PM, snipecity81 said:

Yes, you read that right, my local pro shop is selling lots of new 9k girdles re-branded as CCM now. I want to know if anyone is still using them. Going into Junior B and wanted a little more protection, but because of their age I fear they're to heavy. Are they worth paying $180 cad for?

You'll probably want to upgrade whatever gear that isn't pro-level to that level. If you aren't weight lifting for legs, you should be doing that, such that whatever additional weight your pants (or other gear) is going to be negligible.