Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Man, that thing looks like a cross between the goofy Warrior bucket and a bicycle helmet. Maybe that's just because Chara's melon is so huge. 

• Like 1

https://mipsprotection.com/news-room/worlds-first-hockey-helmet-with-mips-brain-protection-system-announceds/

That article says it's called the Dynamic 9 Pro, uses the MIPS brain protection system and is set to launch in November 2019. I read somewhere else that the launch was moved up to October 2019, but either way, it looks like it's a fall launch.

Edited by althoma1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, althoma1 said:

https://mipsprotection.com/news-room/worlds-first-hockey-helmet-with-mips-brain-protection-system-announceds/

That article says it's called the Dynamic 9 Pro, uses the MIPS brain protection system and is set to launch in November 2019. I read somewhere else that the launch was moved up to October 2019, but either way, it looks like it's a fall launch.

MIPS tech the #1 group of helmets in the world on multiple sports. It should be extremely interesting.  I think it looks like a 5000 Warrior cross..  

• Like 1

I'm curious to see how similar this will be to Easton's MIPS helmet (which never saw retail; was set to release but they were sold to PSG and it got mothballed.)

What I'm not looking forward to is how this helmet will be perceived as safer AND fit everyone at the same time when it's never been that way.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

What I'm not looking forward to is how this helmet will be perceived as safer AND fit everyone at the same time when it's never been that way.

Love to see side and back views of Chara with that same helmet.  Not sure that it fits him right?

7 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I'm curious to see how similar this will be to Easton's MIPS helmet (which never saw retail; was set to release but they were sold to PSG and it got mothballed.)

I knew there was someone else who was intending to go with MIPS.  I remember hearing that at the CSA meeting.   Easton eh..  hummmm.  

I think it will be the same as all other helmets and only fit a majority not all. 

4 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Love to see side and back views of Chara with that same helmet.  Not sure that it fits him right?

I don't think any helmet out there will look "right" on his melon. 

5 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

I knew there was someone else who was intending to go with MIPS.  I remember hearing that at the CSA meeting.   Easton eh..  hummmm.  

Saw the helmet; dismantled it even.  When I was at Total Hockey we had a manager summit in 2015 in which all brands were present.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

It looks super low profile? Not for large, round head?

They probably sent him an XL to see how much bigger his custom bucket needs to be

3 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

It kind of reminds me of Lego hair on his head

It looks like a Jewish skull cap on his head. The guy is big.

Yeah... it looks so weird. I know chara was the model but it seems so low profile. Hard to say how the pro reception would be. The reakt 200 never got time at the NHL level same goes for the Fitlite 500. They really are appealing to the consumer market as a “concussion proof” or ultra safe helmet. That being said the Warrior Alpha Pro was very popular this year. 

I think I’ll stick with my V08s lol. 

16 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Hmmm from the pics. I think I'll stick to warrior lids for now...

If you're basing your decision solely based on looks, I'm not sure Warrior is what you're looking for 😆

12 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

They really are appealing to the consumer market as a “concussion proof” or ultra safe helmet.

I wonder how VT will like it! :trollface: