Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Has anyone purchased ccm full custom skates with the option - Donut Pads - for the ankle foam ? if so what are your thoughts - could you give a bit of a review 

3 hours ago, Jeff Rumson said:

Has anyone purchased ccm full custom skates with the option - Donut Pads - for the ankle foam ? if so what are your thoughts - could you give a bit of a review 

Then donut pads are nice. I have them. There are 3 upgrade options actually, donut pads (thick), donut pads 2 (thicker) and poron (thickest)

I went with the standard donut pads. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MBBboeCmCeWXh44i9

Edited by Nicholas G
  • Like 1

Hey Nicholas , thanks for sharing that info and the pics  . I saw a sample model ft2 with the donut pads but I didn’t know there were three increments of thicknesses .  My son works for pure hockey and they don’t have a detailed list of options unless they actually scan someone’s foot with the iPad then it brings you through the list as you go through the build process . Last summer I did a custom build AS1s they had the option of donut pads but there were no samples or pics to view so I went with stock foam . They are definitely the best skates I’ve had but I’m always looking for improved fit so I think I’m going to to another full custom with FT2s . I’ll probably go with the mid level thickness donut pads and the clarino liner . I have a bony shape ankle and heel so the thicket donut shaped pads should fill in the hollows around the balks of my ankles and hopefully remove all negative space . 

12 hours ago, Jeff Rumson said:

Nicholas ,  do feel you get a good evenly dispersed lock in with no heel slip without needing to aggressively tighten the skates ? 

Yes, I barely have to tighten them at all. I also went with the 1/4" advanced facing as well so it allows much more forward flex. 

12 hours ago, Jeff Rumson said:

Hey Nicholas , thanks for sharing that info and the pics  . I saw a sample model ft2 with the donut pads but I didn’t know there were three increments of thicknesses .  My son works for pure hockey and they don’t have a detailed list of options unless they actually scan someone’s foot with the iPad then it brings you through the list as you go through the build process . Last summer I did a custom build AS1s they had the option of donut pads but there were no samples or pics to view so I went with stock foam . They are definitely the best skates I’ve had but I’m always looking for improved fit so I think I’m going to to another full custom with FT2s . I’ll probably go with the mid level thickness donut pads and the clarino liner . I have a bony shape ankle and heel so the thicket donut shaped pads should fill in the hollows around the balks of my ankles and hopefully remove all negative space . 

If you have bony ankles I would recommend the donut pads 2. The regular donut pads are only slightly thicker than the standard option. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Yes, I barely have to tighten them at all. I also went with the 1/4" advanced facing as well so it allows much more forward flex. 

If you have bony ankles I would recommend the donut pads 2. The regular donut pads are only slightly thicker than the standard option. 

Good to know, I had questions about that as well.  I had to have the shoemaker who used to work on everybody’s skates put extra felt in mine because of my boniness 🙂

6 hours ago, Jeff Rumson said:

Nicholas , did you go with thicker tongue ? Stiffer boot ? 

I went with the 10mm black felt tongue and standard FT2 boot stiffness. 

• Like 1