Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Rumson

A thought about CCM custom build skates

I’ve read some post from people who have purchased total custom skates -CCM- I also did a full build AS1s last summer - and I had some of the experiences-the CCM scan listed me a full size larger than I skate with  so the store had to input my size manually which raises some questions - even though you can choose 1/4 sizes the scan will not state anyone a 1/4 size - so if the purpose of the scan is to peg your precise size and foot shape so they can build an exact model of your foot ??? Are they actually marking a foot model / last - or is it just marketing ? Also when I got my skates They did not look like they had been pressure molded - the skates did not have any indentations that looked like my foot and I have a very bony pronounced anatomically shape to my feet also high arches and the bottom of my skates were flat - I wonder if when going through the build process if on the iPod where it asks to makes any special notes if you could request for them to ship the foot lasts with the skates ? Some one on here said they got FT1s with donut pads but they did not line up with the balls of his ankle bones ? So I would think if they pressure molded his skates and the last was not lining up there should be huge evidence of that when looking at the ankle foam ? 

Some formatting and editing would help, so I took the liberty in doing so, I did the best I could. Let me know if my interpretations are wrong

I’ve read some post from people who have purchased total custom skates from CCM. I also did a full build AS1s last summer, and I had some of the same experiences.

The CCM scan listed me a full size larger than I usually skate with so the store had to input my size manually which raises some questions. Even though you can choose 1/4 sizes the scan will not state anyone a 1/4 size! How does this make sense if the purpose of the scan is to peg your precise size and foot shape so they can build an exact model of your foot? Are they actually marking a foot last - or is it just marketing?

Also when I got my skates they did not look like they had been pressure molded, the skates did not have any indentations that looked like my foot. I have a very bony pronounced anatomically shape to my feet as well as high arches, but the bottom of my skates were flat. 

I wonder when going through the build process, if on the iPad where it asks for special notes, you could request for them to ship the foot lasts with the skates. Someone on here said they got FT1s with donut pads but they did not line up with the balls of his ankle bones where it was needed! Therefore if they pressure molded his skates and the last used is not lining up, it should be an indicator for the ankle foam location. 

Edited by Giltis
elaboration
  • Like 1

that might have been me regarding the donut "holes" lining up to the ankle bones.  thats true.  and I am under the impression they toss in the ankle pads in a stock position.  im fairly certain of that.  

• Like 1