Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ChubbShak

I need some big man help!

Okay so I’m in heavy (literally) need of some equipment but it is so damn hard to find! I’m about 340lbs and I’m having a hard time finding some big boy equipment! Any suggestions for pants and or girdles, shoulder pads, guards ect.? I found skates that were able to fit my Fred Flintstone feet which were the Bauer Nexus N9700 10EE. Now to fulfill my dream of playing hockey I need some new equipment. Help 

I’m also large, and the biggest pants I’ve seen to date are Bauer Nexus. I saw some Grafs in a store recently on clearance, and they looked massive. I might try them on for fun next time I’m there to gauge it. 

• Like 1

Warrior QRL3 and QRE come in XXL.  I'm a 38-40 in waist and wear an XL in those. Sherwood makes the 4030 in a XXL too. They've got wider shoulders than any other pads I've found. 

• Like 1

Ahhh man I’m about a 48-50 waist size. I think I found some tackla pants that come in that size but now I’m having a hard time finding shoulder pads. I’m very broad with about a 56in chest

Thanks for posting my guide. You will need to find the XXL pro stock Jofa/Reebok shoulders if you want real protection or the XXL Sherwood 5030 but they really don't offer anything in protection. I have a 58-60" chest and both fit; the Reebok fit without any kind of tweaking. You'l have to scour Ebay and Sideline Swap to find a pair.

• Like 1

As far as pants— I’m 6’2” and 310 with a 46-48” waist. The Nexus 3XL pants fit me very well, and are even a bit generous in the thigh and rear, which is great for me since there is still some former powerlifter left under the squishy exterior. And Scott’s guide was basically my equipment Bible when I started up about a year ago.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ChubbShak said:

Sweet! Thanks man! I was reading about it and it supposed to fit like the N8000 pants! That’s exactly what I was looking for!

Good deal. I would try those first before biting the bullet and ordering a pair of Tacklas just due to the cost and it doesn't look like Tackla will have any more in stock in size 60 until the end of the month. I do personally favor the Tacklas since they're really heavy duty but they'll cost twice as much unless you're lucky and find a used pair. It appears that that Tackla is now being carried again by the major retailers but no one is carrying size 58 or size 60 so if you do end up having to order Tacklas you may want to inquire with one of them to see if its something that they can order for you due to the shipping costs from Finland. If you do have to order a pair from Finland, be prepared to drop about $204 once you factor in shipping.