Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Hands on with the new Bauer Vapor Flylite

1 hour ago, psulion22 said:

I agree with you.  On some shots, the blade opens up on the 1X Lite.  The video breakdowns say they thickened and stiffened the bottom of the elliptical taper and the blade.  That would cause the two things you've noticed - less opening up and a higher kick point feel.  

I'm personally pretty excited to try one of these.  The '16 1X got me back into Bauer sticks.  And I think a 70 flex 1X Lite is better than that stick.  But I play mostly D and while a quick release is great for in close shots, and even getting outlet passes off, sometimes I want a little more velocity on writers from the point.  A little higher kick point should do that.  How do you feel the flex plays compared to the 1X Lite?  Does the slightly higher kick point and elliptical taper give a little more flex?

from just my own standpoint and feel. I have noticed the release is about the same but the power and speed of the puck seems to feel like it jumps off the flylite better.

quick background, I'm 5'10 220 I just dropped down from a 1xlite 87 flex, to that same model in a 77 flex just before I got the flylite. I have been watching some of the nhl players shoot and notice the flex they get out of their sticks, since I'm not 6'2, and I cut my sticks, I thought why not #metoo. not nearly as strong or as lean of course, but really seem to have found some jump off my shots. have to think, even In men's league games, the fast pace tends to not lend itself to loading up every snap shot. just a flick of the wrist on net at times tends to bury it past the keeper.

hope this helps

7 minutes ago, bgdawg019 said:

from just my own standpoint and feel. I have noticed the release is about the same but the power and speed of the puck seems to feel like it jumps off the flylite better.

quick background, I'm 5'10 220 I just dropped down from a 1xlite 87 flex, to that same model in a 77 flex just before I got the flylite. I have been watching some of the nhl players shoot and notice the flex they get out of their sticks, since I'm not 6'2, and I cut my sticks, I thought why not #metoo. not nearly as strong or as lean of course, but really seem to have found some jump off my shots. have to think, even In men's league games, the fast pace tends to not lend itself to loading up every snap shot. just a flick of the wrist on net at times tends to bury it past the keeper.

hope this helps

Yeah, it makes sense.  I just did the same thing.  I've used 77 flex Vapors cut down about 1.5", which makes them 80-84ish.  But I found a pro stock 70 flex and I am getting much better velocity from it.  Push my hands forward and flick, and I get some power and pop.  So you think the 77 Flylite flexes and releases the the same as the 77 1X Lite, with some more pop behind it?  

1 minute ago, psulion22 said:

Yeah, it makes sense.  I just did the same thing.  I've used 77 flex Vapors cut down about 1.5", which makes them 80-84ish.  But I found a pro stock 70 flex and I am getting much better velocity from it.  Push my hands forward and flick, and I get some power and pop.  So you think the 77 Flylite flexes and releases the the same as the 77 1X Lite, with some more pop behind it?  

I think it does, with a lower kick stick the overall feel will be a little stiffer. the kick point I felt was moved up just enough to really dig into the flex zone more, add in the taper and bauer really hit a homerun. like I said the release reminded me of the old school dolomites that kicked like a mule. best part about it, some sticks will flex when you catch hard pass's and such. with the vapor line I normally wont have this issue. stays true with the flylite also.

I have had the flylite for 4 games now ( 12 goals the shots with it are unreal ) 

The release and kick is the best Bauer has had in a long time. I am a nexus guy and hate low kick sticks but i do like to try new things for fun. I purchased a Dx and hated it had no shot consistency so I was skeptical on the Flylite being low kick, but I am also a rampant admitted gear whore. My shots are so effortless, the puck comes off the blade in such velocity its almost cheating. It also does all shots well which is tough to find these days. I can bomb a one timer and clapper but also get the puck of so fast in tight. They truly did hit a home run and i recommend. My only concern is durability on a stick like this with so much performance. If it lasted 3 months playing 4 times a week i would be happy but time will tell. I really hope it doesnt blow up only after a few games. 

I hope, that bauers new nexus, and supreme next time has this much pop. A+

• Like 1