Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jpatt

Goalie stick shaft length

I was wondering what is the ideal shaft length for a goalie stick? There is plenty of info on players’ sticks, but none on goalie sticks. I have Warrior 27.5 inch paddles with the Emery curve (RIP Ray.) They’re a couple of years old. I like them. But I often get the end of the shaft caught in the netting. Plus, I believe that if I cut the shaft down, it will be easier to stick handle? I cut my player sticks to my chin in bare feet and that helped immensely. A YouTube video recommended a bigger knob at the end to prevent the stick being caught in the netting. This makes sense. Thoughts?

It’s mostly a feel thing, but recently they seem to be going shorter. I usually cut about 2” off for my hands to be put into proper shooting position and that helped with my power significantly. 

AFAIK, USA Hockey has followed NHL rules by limiting paddle length to 26 inches. How will this affect adult amateur goalies?

About shaft length, I've been fine with the stock length on my Sherwood 9950 in ball hockey. I'll have to see if that translates to ice.