Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
All Flash

Sherwood Rekker M90 info

Just saw this on Insta so was wondering if there was any info out there or  are we  waiting for something to drop? Very interested in the next iteration of the Rekker.  

22 hours ago, All Flash said:

Just saw this on Insta so was wondering if there was any info out there or  are we  waiting for something to drop? Very interested in the next iteration of the Rekker.  

What did you want to know about it? 

Now as much as I enjoy the unbridled enthusiasm of the icewarehouse guys and the awesome sickness of their review. I seem to not get as much from their vids as I do actually discussing the detail so in saying that.....More in depth details of the upgraded specs? Weight? Differences between Ek15,  and the 365? Etc... And thank you for the video Collins. Quenched my thirst a lil for my favorite line of sticks that is still made.

Edited by All Flash

On 7/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, Siponarius said:

I’m hoping with the name scheme, there may be a bit of a throw back to the T90, but I’m not holding my breath. It was one of my favorites. 

T90 line is more in line with the Project 9 isn't it? I would be looking at Sherwoods other sticks for a T90esk

oh. I thought they were getting released tomorrow.

I have a BPM150 that is under 400 gms. It's like a toothpick so I can bring the stick up, around, and down quickly, but I'm not able to knock a stick away while defending. I don't know if anyone else with a sub-400 gm stick notices that. If I pick up one of my blade/shaft combo sticks, there's more heft and weight at the blade where I seem to get more poke check power.

13 hours ago, All Flash said:

Saw these 2 days ago as Sport check here already has them out for sale. 

Here too, along with M90 shins & shoulders (most likely elbows as well).  SC also has Sherwood practice jerseys priced the same as the CCM 5000's and 6000's.

I picked up one of the M90's from Sport Chek in Toronto and cut it down about 2" and threw on a Tacki-Mac grip. Super light, almost feels too light! 

Played 1/2 of my first pickup game and have to say pucks come off the blade super quick but takes a lot of adjustment to stickhandle due to the weight, or lack thereof. I'm hoping after a few more games under my belt that it will feel better. 

The grip on the stick is perfect and the PP26 is pretty standard these days. I also was trying out a new TRUE XC9 that was a bit "heavier" but felt a little more balanced. 

First Sherwood stick in a long time that I've given a try and hopefully with some adjustments it will be my regular twig.

Bumping up this thread. I'm very keen to have the new Rekker M90.  Although the availability here in Finland is quite limited...

Would love to hear some experiences of the stick from the people that have tried one. 

44 minutes ago, julkki said:

Bumping up this thread. I'm very keen to have the new Rekker M90.  Although the availability here in Finland is quite limited...

Would love to hear some experiences of the stick from the people that have tried one. 

It is a solid stick, but like other Sher-wood sticks I wouldn't expect performance like the top of CCM/Bauer/Warrior. It feels like a slight tier down to me. But I love the grip and the new stiffer blade compared to the EK60.

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings about the M90. Both my daughters use them and really like them. My oldest was using a QRE SL intermediate but switched to the M90 because her shot was harder, snap and wrist shots were 4-6 mph faster during tryout testing this season. The accuracy was also much better and more consistent. The blade didn’t open up as much when shooting. Sticks were the same flex and blade pattern. Backhand shots were a lot harder as well. Her first one broke the blade right along the seam at the bottom on a snap shot.  Still waiting to hear back from the warranty department.

My younger daughter switched from a QRL and a 1S. She preferred the feel of the blade and the release over the other sticks. Took some getting used to the weight but liked it because she likes to dangle and utilizes her backhand a lot. She broke her first one shooting in the garage the first time she used it, right above the elbow. It was warrantied and has been fine but has been regulated to a backup stick after she broke her second one. That one broke across the blade just past the elbow. She now has a CCM Trigger 4. Very similar to the M90 so hopefully the durability is better.

• Like 1