Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JDhouston

True Girdle

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Kind of reminds me of the Warrior girdle

My impression as well. I was really impressed with the SuperTacks girdle, and actually went with that one. 

47 minutes ago, Giltis said:

Does this one have an integrated cup? I think I heard the Warrior one does.

The TRUE girdle has velco adjustments on the legs which the Warrior girdle doesn't. I would say this is more like a Warrior girdle V2.0 if anything. Also, yes, it has a pocket for a cup/jock/jill. It weighs slightly more than the Warrior girdle but has significantly more protection. It is lighter than the Super Tacks girdle. 

On 7/26/2019 at 11:24 AM, Nicholas G said:

The TRUE girdle has velco adjustments on the legs which the Warrior girdle doesn't. I would say this is more like a Warrior girdle V2.0 if anything. Also, yes, it has a pocket for a cup/jock/jill. It weighs slightly more than the Warrior girdle but has significantly more protection. It is lighter than the Super Tacks girdle. 

The velcro leg adjustments really remind me of the ones on the Warrior Projekt girdle that I use and the ventilated padding reminds me of the Covert girdle. Neither of which are a bad thing as I think the Covert is one of the better current girdles and I really like my Projekt girdle. It's always nice to have more girdle options when it's time for a new one. When you look at images of all of them, you can definitely see the similarities.

true-hockey-girdle-shell-xc-9-pro-sr.jpg48576warrior-covert-qre-pro-sr-hockey-girdle-

Edited by althoma1

Looks good. My next pants will def be a girdle shell system. Would sizing be the same as regular pants? I wear a small warrior and thinking a small girdle would be alot smaller and fit closer, thus needing a medium for a girdle... Anyone have any experience with sizing. 

18 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Looks good. My next pants will def be a girdle shell system. Would sizing be the same as regular pants? I wear a small warrior and thinking a small girdle would be alot smaller and fit closer, thus needing a medium for a girdle... Anyone have any experience with sizing. 

Depending on your current pant style (tapered, anatomical, traditional) it could either be the same size or you might want to go a size up. 

2 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Depending on your current pant style (tapered, anatomical, traditional) it could either be the same size or you might want to go a size up. 

I have the warrior qre

6 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I have the warrior qre

I would stick with the same size as you currently wear. I have the QR Edge pants and the Warrior Covert QRE Pro girdle and use the same size on both. Same with the TRUE girdle well. 

• Like 2

A bit of advice about the True girdle. I'm only about 5'6 and the girdle is too long. I wear CCM Super Tacks pants with suspenders as I have a bit of extra padding and don't like tight pants. I tried on a Medium sized True girdle with CCM Super Tacks shin guards. While the Medium size fitted my 36 inch waist just fine, the thigh pad extended so low that it affects the shin guards. Pity as, other than the fact it doesn't opn up like the Bauer 2S Pro, it's a decent bit of kit.

My advice is you'd need to be 5'10 or taller for the True girdle to be a comfortable fit.

47 minutes ago, farnarkler said:

A bit of advice about the True girdle. I'm only about 5'6 and the girdle is too long. I wear CCM Super Tacks pants with suspenders as I have a bit of extra padding and don't like tight pants. I tried on a Medium sized True girdle with CCM Super Tacks shin guards. While the Medium size fitted my 36 inch waist just fine, the thigh pad extended so low that it affects the shin guards. Pity as, other than the fact it doesn't opn up like the Bauer 2S Pro, it's a decent bit of kit.

My advice is you'd need to be 5'10 or taller for the True girdle to be a comfortable fit.

That's gonna be the same for all girdles that don't have length adjustment. 😞 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 8:55 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

That's gonna be the same for all girdles that don't have length adjustment. 😞 

I agree. I was deciding between the 7092 and the super tacks girdle. I liked the 7092 slightly better, but had to go with the super tacks for the adjustment.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:24 AM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Hi,

I had the QRE girdle and have some questions about the XC9 girdle. Is the fit the same? because the QRE leg padding was too short for me in senior medium even though the waist was perfect. Also, what do you mean by significantly more protection? Are the perforated foams thicker? Is the belt padded in anyway so it protects the belly? Those aspects were lacking in the QRE IMO.

thx