Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
KelpFries

Hockey Pants or Girdle Recommendation

Right now i'm using CCM Tacks 7092 pants and i'm finding that the tailbone protection is none existent on these pants, just a thin pad. I fall on my ass more than I'd like because i'm just getting started, and every time I do it kills my tailbone. Does anyone have any good recommendations for pants or a girdle that has good tailbone protection?

Thanks!

I had purchased the Tackla breezers Girdle, it had some pretty substantial tail bone padding, to the point it was almost awkward to sit on. You can see the pads removed on my IG post. I didn’t take any hard falls on it, so I can’t comment on that aspect. 

2 hours ago, KelpFries said:

Right now i'm using CCM Tacks 7092 pants and i'm finding that the tailbone protection is none existent on these pants, just a thin pad. I fall on my ass more than I'd like because i'm just getting started, and every time I do it kills my tailbone. Does anyone have any good recommendations for pants or a girdle that has good tailbone protection?

Thanks!

check out www.prostockhockey.com

I got CCM HPUCLP model and it has a good amount of tailbone padding. Hip and thigh padding are strong, but light too.

3 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

I had purchased the Tackla breezers Girdle, it had some pretty substantial tail bone padding, to the point it was almost awkward to sit on. You can see the pads removed on my IG post. I didn’t take any hard falls on it, so I can’t comment on that aspect. 

Nice, thanks! They look pretty well padded. How is the fit on those? Do they fit close and how is the movement? Don't know of anywhere where I could try them on unfortunately. I'd have to buy sight unseen.

4 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

It looks like there is no stomach protection on the Tackla's like there is on my Tacks. How do you deal with that as a vulnerability for getting slashed or hit with a puck in the stomach region? My shoulder pads come down my stomach a little but they don't come down far enough to reach the belt on those Tackla's.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, KelpFries said:

It looks like there is no stomach protection on the Tackla's like there is on my Tacks. How do you deal with that as a vulnerability for getting slashed or hit with a puck in the stomach region? My shoulder pads come down my stomach a little but they don't come down far enough to reach the belt on those Tackla's.

I see that. I thought maybe they put padding in the front of the Tackla shell.... nope. So, I guess you live or die with those pants.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, KelpFries said:

The stomach is a tough area to pad, as it's basically a hinge point for your body. Too much bulk there will inhibit your movement. Most shoulder pads that come down that far in the front do so with a separate pad removable with velcro.   Most pants have an ab flap to pretty much offer some padding against the belt buckle front closure.  I wouldn't worry too much about a lack of padding there. 

• Like 2

Howdy,

My experience with the 7092 GIRDLE is that the tail bone protection is pretty good.  That's what I currently use as someone wanting good protection for that area and my hips both.

Easton Pro 15 pants are freaking tanks.  Lots of protection and lots of weight.

I protect the stomach area with lots of built in fat.  🙂  Seriously, Monty22 has it right in my limited experience.

Mark

Don't block shots with your stomach. That's the goalies job.

If people are slashing players in the stomach perhaps it's time to find a new place to play or a heavier stick...if you catch my drift. 😁

I have the Bauer Mx3 girdle and it has great tailbone protection. Bauer s190 girdle or 1s pants can be found on sale and if not go with the 2s pro girdle

The issue i'm seeing with the Tackla girdle is there isn't even padding up to the belt, it's padded very low. Has anyone had any experience with the Warrior Covert QRE Pro SE or the True XC9 Pro girdles? They look like they have pretty good padding and the front padding comes up just past the belt line which would be much better.

The lack of stomach padding was the primary reason I didn't buy the Tackla Breezer girdle.  I recently bought a pair of Tackla 5000 Pros I found on eBay instead.  Perfect pant IMO.  The Tackla 8800 also has really good tailbone protection (this was my previous pant) that is for some reason better than what's on the 9000.  I would look around on eBay for a pair of those--there's a guy in Connecticut that sells various new Tackla pants on eBay.