Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MSH Pro Shop closing from 8/26 til first week of September Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
marka

1/2" hockey tape?

Howdy,

Are there any sources for 1/2" hockey tape?  I want to use that for knobs on sticks.  Tearing 1" tape always leaves sticky thread hangers / whatever.

I haven't found any hockey tape that's 1/2", but I have found 'finger tape' for rock climbing that looks to be 1/2" athletic tape... Same thing basically?

Or do I just need to suck it up?  🙂

Mark

Rip it in half. Put the straggley end towards the grip instead of the end, you'll never notice.

• Thanks 1

I think it was Howie’s that posted 1/2” tape as an April fools joke at one point. Honestly I think it’s something that would actually sell.

Howdy,

When I didn't get much response, I ordered finger tape from Amazon.  I got the .3" version the other day and its pretty narrow... Not sure if its too narrow or not.  Otherwise it seems roughly equivalent to hockey tape.

Because I thought it would be a little too narrow, I then ordered some actual 1/2" athletic tape.  Should be here today.

Unfortunately my wrist is casted up at the moment, so I can't actually do a knob and go try either out immediately. 😞

Mark

13 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

That looks great, but I wasn't able to find anyone selling it in the US?

Mark

Because most people will just split a roll themselves!

Contact NAT and find out what dealers carry it.  They're good guys over there.

• Like 1