Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SkateWorksPNW

Bauer custom skate ordering process?

Recommended Posts

Anyone who ordered custom Bauer skates, can you let me know how exactly the process works? I know you go to a store and get scanned. After you decide to place the order do you select all of your options in the store or online? Does the store take payment or does Bauer send you an email or something to make payment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume you mean MyBauer Custom Skates. I was scanned in England. I chose my options while in the shop, and I then paid the shop. Three weeks later I received a pair of skates. They are fantastic. 

The shop are very keen on custom skates even though the profit on each pair is small. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leif said:

I assume you mean MyBauer Custom Skates. I was scanned in England. I chose my options while in the shop, and I then paid the shop. Three weeks later I received a pair of skates. They are fantastic. 

The shop are very keen on custom skates even though the profit on each pair is small. 

So the shop collects the payment directly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leif said:

Yes, of course. 

Ok, with TRUE they collect the payment directly. The shop does not. We aren't doing Bauer customer skates at the moment, so I am trying to understand their process a bit better. Maybe I will go to a local store that is offering it to see the program first hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Ok, with TRUE they collect the payment directly. The shop does not. We aren't doing Bauer customer skates at the moment, so I am trying to understand their process a bit better. Maybe I will go to a local store that is offering it to see the program first hand. 

That is weird, I guess True have a good reason for that. I’ll ask a friend about his UK True skate purchase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leif said:

That is weird, I guess True have a good reason for that. I’ll ask a friend about his UK True skate purchase. 

I just paid in-store for my Trues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, greyskull said:

I just paid in-store for my Trues. 

You did? I think some big box stores take payment directly. I didn't think anyone else did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 1:17 PM, Nicholas G said:

Ok, with TRUE they collect the payment directly. The shop does not. We aren't doing Bauer customer skates at the moment, so I am trying to understand their process a bit better. Maybe I will go to a local store that is offering it to see the program first hand. 

I also paid the store directly for my True's. It's a pro shop inside of a three ice sheet facility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone who buys trues pays in store. But their card gets processed on the iPad which pays true directly. At least that's how it works here in BC, Canada. My first pair I pair the store directly on their credit card machine but that was before things were streamlined online where you track your order etc. 

@Nicholas G why don't you just contact a Bauer rep, I'm sure they would be more than willing to help you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Everyone who buys trues pays in store. But their card gets processed on the iPad which pays true directly. At least that's how it works here in BC, Canada. My first pair I pair the store directly on their credit card machine but that was before things were streamlined online where you track your order etc. 

@Nicholas G why don't you just contact a Bauer rep, I'm sure they would be more than willing to help you. 

I spoke with our Bauer rep and he didn't really know who took/processed the payment and order. I am only familar with how TRUE and CCM handle orders as we dont do custom Bauer skates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CigarScott said:

I paid Pure Hockey directly for my True skates...

So with Bauer University doing all of their testing/certifications online and all EPP orders now going through Bauer.com instead of filling out the typical spreadsheet form, then emailing it to your rep, and him submitting it, they now give you a promo code. The problem is, I don't see a way for him to use this promo code when ordering full custom skates. I have a staff member who wants to use his significant discount on a pair of custom Bauer skates and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it anymore. I guess they don't want store staff to get discounts on customs anymore.

CCM and TRUE still do things the old-fashioned way. Fill out a form and send it in to your rep. While I appreciate Bauer making the EPP ordering process easier, I now how a staff member who has to pay full cost, no discount at all, for skates, and he seems pretty annoyed. 

Edited by Nicholas G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 4:40 PM, Leif said:

I assume you mean MyBauer Custom Skates. I was scanned in England. I chose my options while in the shop, and I then paid the shop. Three weeks later I received a pair of skates. They are fantastic. 

The shop are very keen on custom skates even though the profit on each pair is small. 

Just one on the Bauer scanner, does it offer all ranges of its boots say going back to 2016, or is it current year stock only. I say this as out of interest I watched Chase from Hockey Warehouse do a review on Bauer 2Ns and he said they're an in between of the old 1n and n9000 (which I own)

 

Or does the scanner say you should be in a Nexus range this length and this width then it is upto you to find what boot from what year etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Left Wing King said:

Just one on the Bauer scanner, does it offer all ranges of its boots say going back to 2016, or is it current year stock only. I say this as out of interest I watched Chase from Hockey Warehouse do a review on Bauer 2Ns and he said they're an in between of the old 1n and n9000 (which I own)

 

Or does the scanner say you should be in a Nexus range this length and this width then it is upto you to find what boot from what year etc?

This should answer your question: 

https://my.volumental.com/en/bauer/2f029e24-c1e1-4885-bd8a-706f9cc01baf/?utm_medium=myvemail

The scan is from last year, hence last season’s skates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it gives you the family of skate you should be in, sizes and widths. It is then upto you to work out what year and model you want.

 

I went to Puckstop and the guy didn't even use the Bauer gizmo, he got out like a foot measurer you got in Clarkes and it left a heat trace, took one look at them and he was like you need Nexus, You know what. I have no complaints with the skates, they feel like they fit perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×