Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

SUPER TACKS AS3 PRO Skates?

I noticed one of the guys I was skating with today had these. I didn't get a chance to look at them too closely but looks like there is some significant changes. Has anyone else seen them in person? 

AS3? They missed a number. The picture that was posted of PK Subban's skates looked almost identical to my custom AS1's. Other than the holders and probably a tongue and liner, I doubt there will be much difference. The skates seem to evolve pretty slowly these days.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

AS3? They missed a number. The picture that was posted of PK Subban's skates looked almost identical to my custom AS1's. Other than the holders and probably a tongue and liner, I doubt there will be much difference. The skates seem to evolve pretty slowly these days.

I don't understand the naming logic but my CCM rep confirmed it's the CCM AS3 Pro and told me to stay tuned. He said he had a chance to try them in Montreal this past week, and they were fantastic. 

Probably because when these skates launch the stick will be on the AS3 at that time. Simple solution is to stop with new sticks every year. Since Bauer stopped yearly refresh cycles for sticks I have a feeling CCM will stop in a few cycles.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, Nicholas G said:

I noticed one of the guys I was skating with today had these. I didn't get a chance to look at them too closely but looks like there is some significant changes. Has anyone else seen them in person? 

Tongues will always be custom on pros . Same as holders. Subban and Crosby always stuck with the e pro holders. 

Stay tuned for interchangeable tongues though 👀

From what I've seen it looks identical to the as1 other than the option to swap diff tongues out. Of course I've only seen pictures and don't know what the specs are. 

I'm also waiting on them.... I have Ultra Tacks now(LOVE them/ fit perfect)... The newer 9070 Tacks I picked up have a completely different arch.

They felt fine at first 20 min in but then they start to hurt and only get worse. I wish they would keep the same fit profile through the same line to make it easier then starting from scratch looking at each pair of skates!!!

On 11/23/2019 at 9:37 AM, Mario123 said:

Any updates or new info on these skates? Looking at AS1’s, but may wait if there are some big upgrades. Wonder if the fit is essentially the same. 

There are significant upgrades this year. I personally would wait. I wish I could share more info... but can't 😞 

On 11/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

There are significant upgrades this year. I personally would wait. I wish I could share more info... but can't 😞 

Are any of those upgrades a narrower heel or lower ankle area?  Blink once for no, twice for yes.  I'd consider getting a pair of them, but the wider heel and higher ankle compared to the Supreme line just doesn't work for me.

13 hours ago, psulion22 said:

Are any of those upgrades a narrower heel or lower ankle area?  Blink once for no, twice for yes.  I'd consider getting a pair of them, but the wider heel and higher ankle compared to the Supreme line just doesn't work for me.

If they're anything like the as1, the boots are very spot heat mouldable with a heat gun. You could get easily great up an area and form it with ease. I did this when I had mine. You have to be careful bc they heat up fast and get super soft. 

Edited by Sniper9

On 11/23/2019 at 10:05 PM, BTSyndrome said:

I'm also waiting on them.... I have Ultra Tacks now(LOVE them/ fit perfect)... The newer 9070 Tacks I picked up have a completely different arch.

They felt fine at first 20 min in but then they start to hurt and only get worse. I wish they would keep the same fit profile through the same line to make it easier then starting from scratch looking at each pair of skates!!! 

I found the same. I tried the 90XX line up and down nothing felt nearly as good as the supertacks which preceded the AS1's. Now I'm really up in the air as far as what is going to work next. The liners in my skates were already pretty beat when I got them. (pro stock)

21 hours ago, Above40 said:

I found the same. I tried the 90XX line up and down nothing felt nearly as good as the supertacks which preceded the AS1's. Now I'm really up in the air as far as what is going to work next. The liners in my skates were already pretty beat when I got them. (pro stock)

I've personally found with CCM skates, the top tier models fit a little different than even the model right below the top. This was true for me when I owned FT1 and FT2, when I tried the next model down, it was an instant no go for me, which is partly why I ended up in the top model skate both times. I haven't owned Bauer skates in about 7 years, but when I did... I found that newer models fit pretty differently compared to my old XXX's. Could be because they were so worn in, but I felt like the overall fit had changed so much that I no longer was even close to fitting in them anymore. Thankfully True came along....

2 hours ago, z1ggy said:

I've personally found with CCM skates, the top tier models fit a little different than even the model right below the top. This was true for me when I owned FT1 and FT2, when I tried the next model down, it was an instant no go for me, which is partly why I ended up in the top model skate both times. I haven't owned Bauer skates in about 7 years, but when I did... I found that newer models fit pretty differently compared to my old XXX's. Could be because they were so worn in, but I felt like the overall fit had changed so much that I no longer was even close to fitting in them anymore. Thankfully True came along.... 

Yes interestingly when you read the CCM website they actually do say (in fine print) that fit profile is for the top of the line models only. I was curious about that statement but it must be true. I feel the top of the line Tacks skate is a touch big in the heel for me and a bit too stiff.. and from what I'm hearing the Ft2 might be my next try. I tried Ft490 in store was in a half size over my last skate,  I'll have to strap on a pair of FT2 to actually know for sure,

4 hours ago, Above40 said:

Yes interestingly when you read the CCM website they actually do say (in fine print) that fit profile is for the top of the line models only. I was curious about that statement but it must be true. I feel the top of the line Tacks skate is a touch big in the heel for me and a bit too stiff.. and from what I'm hearing the Ft2 might be my next try. I tried Ft490 in store was in a half size over my last skate,  I'll have to strap on a pair of FT2 to actually know for sure,

Yeah before I bought FT2, I tried on the AS1's and it was an okay fit in the forefoot, but the heel pocket was much wider and deeper, and the volume overall was a little higher. FT2 was basically crushing my mid and forefoot, but the heel fit great, so I dealt with it for like... 6 months. I felt that the FT390 had a heel much more similar to the stock AS1, but still had the tighter mid and forefoot area, although in general there was a little more room. I think maybe they let out a little volume near the ankle, and that's what I was feeling and what I didn't like. I've got very narrow heels and ankles, low volume, but wide-ish forefoot... basically my foot is Pizza.

Now a days, I would 100% try everything on in a store, would not recommend you blind buy based on feed back here or from OEM's. It gets sketchy when fit fits are changing ever so slightly, even within a certain model.

4 hours ago, Above40 said:

There's a pair of the Subban's on sideline right now. Not the greatest pictures but you can get a preview of the back of the skates there too.

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/skates/player-skates/1280603-ccm-senior-as3-hockey-skates-d-r-regular-pro-stock-size-9-5

Noticed on a face-off in the Boston-CBJ game that Bergeron was rocking a pair of these.

Those look like some thick tongues on those puppies. I actually saw a vid on his YT channel recently where he was skating around outside in NYC for some charity thing and I'm pretty sure he had these skates on.

12 hours ago, z1ggy said:

Those look like some thick tongues on those puppies. I actually saw a vid on his YT channel recently where he was skating around outside in NYC for some charity thing and I'm pretty sure he had these skates on.

These skates have a lot of AS1 pieces on them and arent the true design of the AS3 Pro. When you see the AS3 Pro you'll know what I mean. 

I guess it's save to assume Step steel will come in the next gen of skates? I want to get pair of 80k but I'd be cheesed if they release them in a few weeks after i got mine.