Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Mattc

Bauer Vapor 2x skates

Okay. I just picked up a new pair of vapor 2x skates. Im an experienced player who is now experiencing an entirely new problem. Whenever im standing up straight in the skates, they bend OUTWARD, onto the OUTSIDE edge, no matter how tight i tie them. Anybody experience this? How do i fix this??

Lets get a few answers to the common questions:

• Did you bake the skates?
  • Did you stand up baking the skates?
  • Did you add any customization steps like different insole, shims etc?
  • Are those "regular" skates or some pro-stock / pro-return / custom skates?
  • Can you provide a picture of the holder alignment? (A picture of the skate "from the bottom" where we can see if the holder is mounted more towards the inside side)
  • Do you usually supinate or pronate (description)?

I did bake them, they’re normal skates, alignment is fine, had that checked already. Didnt stand while baking. I did skate on them pretty early, about 3-4 hrs after baking. Maybe that could be it? I dont normally pronate or supinate. Picked up superfeet insoles just yesterday. Helped a bit, but not entirely for sure. I should also mention i went from nexus skates to vapors. Idk how they fitted me in vapors when i was wearing nexus with no problems. Someone wanna explain that?

Edited by Mattc

A few questions:

What size are the skates?

What size footwear do you normally wear?

Did they have the 3D Skate Lab and scan your feet?

I wear a 10 shoe. Size of the skate is fine. Its the model. I used the 3D skate lab and got paired with vapor. Makes no possible sense. How do u post pics here? I want u guys to see how screwed up my feet are, and how they cannot possibly fit in a vapor..

The scan is not the end all be all of fitting. The scanner may suggest one thing but the player may be more comfortable in another.

Did you spend any time in them after you were scanned? 

On 8/29/2019 at 11:54 PM, Mattc said:

I wear a 10 shoe. Size of the skate is fine. Its the model. I used the 3D skate lab and got paired with vapor. Makes no possible sense. How do u post pics here? I want u guys to see how screwed up my feet are, and how they cannot possibly fit in a vapor..

I've seen it all.  Skaters with the shallow/low volume foot skating in a high volume skate and those with a high volume foot in a low volume skate.  That and in skates way too big.

18 minutes ago, stick9 said:

The scan is not the end all be all of fitting. The scanner may suggest one thing but the player may be more comfortable in another.

Did you spend any time in them after you were scanned? 

I tell customers that the scanner recommends best fit or primary fit.  Everyone has a secondary fit.  You just have to have a fitter who knows what he/she is doing and knows how to read the scan and scanner.  Recommended sizing is a good starting point, but skater preference plays a role in final sizing,

Hi, did you find out what was wrong with your skates? I have exactly the same problem. I have “normal” feet. Bought the Bauer 2x skates about 2 months ago and I thought I was just having trouble breaking them in but they roll my feet outwards (supinates them). 
ive just looked at my skates now and it looks like the whole actual boot is not vertically straight with the blade. The tongue also doesn’t sit straight.
I used to have the vapor x50s and no problems with them.

Any advice from anyone else would also be great.