Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I have two very different sized feet. I broke my growth plate when I was a kid.  I have a left size 13 and a right 11 to 11.5 

They don't even make size 13 retail anymore, but I've always just gone with the bigger size and had lot of room at the end of my smaller foot toe.  Not sure how much this has affected my skating, but I've also only played about 6 years as an adult.

Some back ground info (to help me choose which skate is best for me and dropping some serious $$)

I learned how to skate on Reebok 17k's and am a big guy.  6'4" 245 lb ish.  I didn't know it at the time but they were a VERY soft boot.  Once they finally gave out I ended up with a top of the line or high model size 13 EE CCM jetspeed and HATED them for the longest time. They are just too still for me and or my ability level. I've had them about 2 years now and gotten used to the stiffness to an extent, but am a fairly upright skater with bad knees and have never felt as fast on them as the 17ks, especially on take off or in tight.

I might be able to get away with a size 12 and meet in the middle of both feet.  but if not i need to go full custom for size 13. 

It looks like the 80k will be more my style with the boot being a bit softer and more flexible than the others on the market, but I'm also considering true/VH.

The true's are very stiff and a bit heavy.  I'm pretty sold on the 80k's and they DO now offer a full custom order option.

I'm open to whatever company can fit my weird feet needs, but also looking for any input or advice. 

I might be able to save money and go with a size 11 on my small foot and a 12 on the bigger (I guess when ordering you can now get two different size skates mailed to a pro shop).

Or if I'd be better off with a full custom mold - but have been told having a different size blade holder/steel in general could feel weird or not be a good thing, similar to a car out of alighment with such a drastic foot size difference.  1.5 - 2 sizes.

I'm also curious if the size 12 80k DOES indeed fit, it only comes in D and I've always had EE, but have read they have very thick moldable pads so maybe it would stretch.

Help!

If you're willing to go top end to get the proper fit, you may as well go custom. I haven't checked in a while, but if I recall properly, CCM holders only go up to 306, which come on size 12, so if you end up in a 13 and 11.5, you shouldn't have an issue getting the same size holders.

Trues are stiff but still allows for excellent forward flexion. You definitely don't notice the stiffness in the upper cuff area like the new ccms. I tie my skates all the way to the top fairly snug and have more flexion than my as1s where I leave the top two eyelets looser. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Trues are stiff but still allows for excellent forward flexion. You definitely don't notice the stiffness in the upper cuff area like the new ccms. I tie my skates all the way to the top fairly snug and have more flexion than my as1s where I leave the top two eyelets looser. 

Same

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Interesting.  Wonder how they "push off" to the sides compared to the 80k's.  I never seem to get the same push as my old reebok 17k's in my jetspeeds.  Maybe it will come down to who can make the proper boot for me True vs CCM

5 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

If you go with the CCM Total Custom Plus you also have stiffness options and the 80Ks go up to size 14 in the Custom Plus. 

Thanks!  Interesting.  Hmm.  I guess the total custom plus is around 1300.  80k's are 699. I'm willing to spend the money to get the best fit to my feet and skating style/preference as possible, but I'm wondering what would be best for my freak feet (very large but almost 2 sizes different).

The guy i talked to at pure hockey yesterday thinks I can now order two different size skates. Potentially an 11 on one and 12 on the other (if i can fit the bigger one in a 12, which there's a chance).

Or if I'd be better going the full total custom plus. Hmm. 

May depend if i can squeeze into a 12 or not in the 80k...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bender37 said:

Thanks!  Interesting.  Hmm.  I guess the total custom plus is around 1300.  80k's are 699. I'm willing to spend the money to get the best fit to my feet and skating style/preference as possible, but I'm wondering what would be best for my freak feet (very large but almost 2 sizes different).

The guy i talked to at pure hockey yesterday thinks I can now order two different size skates. Potentially an 11 on one and 12 on the other (if i can fit the bigger one in a 12, which there's a chance).

Or if I'd be better going the full total custom plus. Hmm. 

May depend if i can squeeze into a 12 or not in the 80k...

Have you had the CCM scanner scan your foot by chance to see which family you'd be and size?  You really just need to set aside some time and go into Pure and try some on.  Hopefully they stock a 12.

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:52 AM, strosedefence34 said:

Have you had the CCM scanner scan your foot by chance to see which family you'd be and size?  You really just need to set aside some time and go into Pure and try some on.  Hopefully they stock a 12.

I haven't.  It's about a 2.5 hour drive, but I want to do it asap. That's very true.  I'm going to call ahead and have a 12 in stock to even just try on and pay the shipping if needed.

Good stuff.