Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
the iceman

CCM FV1 Full Face Visor

9 hours ago, the iceman said:

Has anyone ever used this facemask? Not sure if it's a new product or not. ANy feedback would be appreciated thanks.

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/equipment/helmets/hockey-cages-shields/ccm-hockey-faceshield-fv1-full-face-sr.html

ccm-hockey-faceshield-fv1-full-face-sr.j

It's brand new, just released. I haven't used one myself but our shop has sold a few and the players seemed happy. 

• Like 1

I have the Bauer one, and it drips with condensation on my local rink, which is very humid, it’s not usable. I’ve seen people wearing hybrid visors, so I assume they get more airflow. 

10 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

To me, it seems identical to the Bauer one, with the exception that the fasteners are made to fit the CCM helmets, unlike the Bauer bubble. 

The ventilation pattern is very similar but subtly different. Notably an even number of 'columns' in the grill that make the middle a void rather than a bar; Concept features an odd number, putting a vertical in the middle. The ventilation on the side is a bit different as well. I wonder if these minor differences will have any effect on how they breathe, comparatively, or whether it's purely cosmetic.

I can only speak to the Bauer Concept III, but some games it was crystal clear, and some games I was jumping on the ice with it totally fogged. Totally depended on the temp/humidity in the rink. I loved the vision in the hybrid, but got tired of dealing with fog issues (and I tried all the recommended stuff to prevent fogging). I would be surprised if the slight change in the vent pattern really changed the performance, but I hope CCM figured something out cause I loved it when it worked.

Went to a CCM flat bar white cage and I love it. Vision is great and cooler too.

• Like 1

The only fishbowl I’ve used that didn’t fog was the original avision mask. Even their second version did. I’m curious about this one though now that I’m in a CCM bucket. 

21 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

The only fishbowl I’ve used that didn’t fog was the original avision mask. Even their second version did. I’m curious about this one though now that I’m in a CCM bucket. 

I just got my graphite colored 710 this week and will be putting one on so I will let you know. So far, all of the kids we sold them to said they are tremendously better about handling fogging and even water/ice splashes than the Bauer units. I am surprised I have never read about people using rain-x on their visors. I used to and it worked perfectly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicholas G said:

I just got my graphite colored 710 this week and will be putting one on so I will let you know. So far, all of the kids we sold them to said they are tremendously better about handling fogging and even water/ice splashes than the Bauer units. I am surprised I have never read about people using rain-x on their visors. I used to and it worked perfectly. 

I use rain-x anti fog on my bubble and I find that it works the best, I do reapply it about every 2-3 weeks or when I see the fog build up getting worse 

• Like 1

I have used it for about 6 games now. I have always used a cage so I don't have any comparison to other fishbowls, but so far I've had zero fogging issues and ventilation is pretty good. 

I use the Bauer one. I'm always spraying anti-fog before a game.

If I'm playing in the summer, or it's hot outside in fall or spring, then, I'll bring a towel and anti-fog spray with me to the bench. I'll re-apply between periods. I don't like playing with cage masks.

I've been using Bauer fishbowls for the majority of the time that I started officiating (heading into Season 9). Since we have ice all year round in the Philadelphia area, I'll deal with fogging mainly when I head to the bench after a shift. Even without wiping, as soon as I start skating again, the fog will dissipate. I don't see myself going back to a cage on ice. Now with inline, I don't think I'd ever use a fish bowl because I feel that I'd be dealing with fog all the time (regardless of what I'm doing during the game). 

I just bought this and am coming from the Bauer Hybrid. I wanted something a little lighter and I know how bad the Bauer Concept III can be with fogging. What I noticed right away when putting it on is that the holes are noticeably bigger on the CCM compared to the concept and it sits a hair further away from your face. It'll be interesting to see how it goes when I get out on the ice.

4 hours ago, darkhors said:

I just bought this and am coming from the Bauer Hybrid. I wanted something a little lighter and I know how bad the Bauer Concept III can be with fogging. What I noticed right away when putting it on is that the holes are noticeably bigger on the CCM compared to the concept and it sits a hair further away from your face. It'll be interesting to see how it goes when I get out on the ice.

Did you put this on a Bauer or CCM helmet? 

14 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Did you put this on a Bauer or CCM helmet? 

It's on a Bauer ReAkt 75. I actually had to use my old Bauer clips on the top and the j clips because I couldn't get the top clips to push together enough to get the screws into the helmet, so I used my Bauer ones and they worked perfect. The clips are nice though, they look like the modified bauer clips. The j-clips have 2 spaces for the screws and I think they should have made it one long space because I needed to go a little lower and I couldn't because they stopped at the top of both holes. I hope this makes sense, but when you see them you'll understand. 

3 hours ago, darkhors said:

It's on a Bauer ReAkt 75. I actually had to use my old Bauer clips on the top and the j clips because I couldn't get the top clips to push together enough to get the screws into the helmet, so I used my Bauer ones and they worked perfect. The clips are nice though, they look like the modified bauer clips. The j-clips have 2 spaces for the screws and I think they should have made it one long space because I needed to go a little lower and I couldn't because they stopped at the top of both holes. I hope this makes sense, but when you see them you'll understand. 

You could just use a dremel and cut out the spaces between the holes. That's what I did on my J clips. 

10 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

You could just use a dremel and cut out the spaces between the holes. That's what I did on my J clips. 

Yeah, I just didn't want to do that since I had the other ones.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, darkhors said:

How is the sizing on this?  I normally wear a large Bauer cage (Profile II and Reakt) and CCM cages never fit right (mediums are too small and larges too long).  I see this shield is a one size fits all so just curious how they manage to accommodate all different face sizes.

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

How is the sizing on this?  I normally wear a large Bauer cage (Profile II and Reakt) and CCM cages never fit right (mediums are too small and larges too long).  I see this shield is a one size fits all so just curious how they manage to accommodate all different face sizes.

They make a Senior and Junior, the same way Bauer does. My understanding with all fishbowls is they are all Sr or Jr sizes. I've never seen an adult have an issue with the senior size fishbowls. Even most of the kids in high school that I know are using Senior sizes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, darkhors said:

They make a Senior and Junior, the same way Bauer does. My understanding with all fishbowls is they are all Sr or Jr sizes. I've never seen an adult have an issue with the senior size fishbowls. Even most of the kids in high school that I know are using Senior sizes.

Good to know, thanks!  I've never used a full fishbowl so wasn't sure, I just know with cages they have S, M, L and they all fit very different which makes it tricky.