Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Oilers97

Thoughts on the Sherwood EK15

Hi guys. I’m looking at a Sherwood EK15 stick with the vintage graphic on it. I’ve never owned a Sherwood stick and hear great things about he EK365.

Is the EK15 the top of the line stick? I’m used to using CCM Tacks sticks and ribcores as well as the odd time a Bauer 1X. 

I know it’s low kick but how does it compare in quality to the Ribcore and 1X? Is it a decent stick for $140 CAD? Thanks

Ek15 is still currently my favorite ice stick, but I hate it for inline. Have 3 of them! very light and responsive, and I feel my shots with the EK15 are better than most sticks I’ve used 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, Oilers97 said:

Hi guys. I’m looking at a Sherwood EK15 stick with the vintage graphic on it. I’ve never owned a Sherwood stick and hear great things about he EK365.

Is the EK15 the top of the line stick? I’m used to using CCM Tacks sticks and ribcores as well as the odd time a Bauer 1X. 

I know it’s low kick but how does it compare in quality to the Ribcore and 1X? Is it a decent stick for $140 CAD? Thanks

I have one but rarely use it as it's stiffer than my preference and a crazy old school PP77 Coffey curve. That said, it's a great stick. It was top of the line for Sherwood when it was new. $140 might be borderline what I'd pay for one today given how long they have been around, but if you like super light responsive and durable sticks and it's your curve/flex, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

colins

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stewie said:

Ek15 is still currently my favorite ice stick, but I hate it for inline. Have 3 of them! very light and responsive, and I feel my shots with the EK15 are better than most sticks I’ve used 

I ended up ordering the one online with the specs I like. It has excellent reviews. I’ve never had a Sherwood and am super excited to try it. I like light. 

1 hour ago, nutters said:

I don't know what your specs are, but with the clearance code on the home page you can get this cheap as a righty

https://www.hockeymonkey.ca/clearance/hockey-equipment/sticks/senior/sherwood-hockey-stick-ek15-grip-sr.html

Thanks. I got the retro wood one from sport chek for 141 with 10% off and free shipping. I like PP26 (same as P29 P92) and 65 flex (I’m female). I usually use 60-67 so it’s perfect. I can’t even bend a 85 lol.