Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Gongshow11

Bauer Vapor 1x 2.0 skate issue

Hey guys i haven’t posted on here in years but the OGs may remember me. Anyhow I have been wearing vapors since the first Vapor 8. I have had every pair: 8, 10, xx, xxx, xxxx, x:60, apx, apx2, 1x, 1x 2.0. I also have and currently play at a relatively high level, so the skates get good use.

I just bought the 2.0 this past summer. I have never had any issues with Vapor skates. I baked them at a certified Bauer retailer and have been playing 1-3x a week since June with them.

Anyhow lately i don’t know why, but if i really skate hard the outside of my feet hurt. Last night after a game i could barely walk the pain was unbearable, and this morning my feet are bruised on the outside. I’m just curious after all these years as to why this has happened. Has the fit changed so much? Are they that much stiffer than 1.0? I didn’t have issues with 1x 1.0. Are there any suggestions you can give? Should i tie them looser and tight up Top? 

Thanks everyone 

Jason -

Hope all's well!

Have you been wearing sandals/slides in the summer?  It sounds like your feet have flattened out due to lack of support, especially if it's a recent thing.  It's not the skates, if you didn't have any problems beforehand.

13 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Have you been wearing sandals/slides in the summer?  It sounds like your feet have flattened out due to lack of support, especially if it's a recent thing.  It's not the skates, if you didn't have any problems beforehand.

Is this a permanent thing? Or would it change with season? ie, feet regain their shape in fall/winter/spring, but then flatten over the summer? 

Up until a few years ago, I only ever wore sneakers year round, but have started wearing flip flops in the summer when not at work. 

People's arches change due to diff footwear or lack of foot wear etc. 

If you've had them since June and only recently having issues then it's most likely not your skates... However it could be something that's been building up little by little until now. 

Are you using speed plates? If so, remould them. 

On 9/17/2019 at 9:00 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Jason -

Hope all's well!

JR my man been well. Just doing my thing g. Old AF now. We met in what 03 corebeam days? Classic

How you been ?

ya man solid take, wore sperrys/swims all summer and chucks. Gonna need to throw the orthotics back on my shoes. I tied them loose the other day no pain so gotta be foot issue. 

Edited by Gongshow11

On 9/23/2019 at 8:44 PM, Gongshow11 said:

JR my man been well. Just doing my thing g. Old AF now. We met in what 03 corebeam days? Classic

How you been ?

ya man solid take, wore sperrys/swims all summer and chucks. Gonna need to throw the orthotics back on my shoes. I tied them loose the other day no pain so gotta be foot issue. 

Speedplates?