Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SkateWorksPNW

SWOT - Super Light Senior Shoulder Pad

No, but I’d try it. Looks like a more minimal version of the CCM CL shoulders with whatever that foam was. Which were awesome. 

If you're going to wear shoulder pads , you might as well wear ones that offer protection. For $50, these don't look very protective ( no sternum guard, no real bicep/tricep/deltoid protection). You can still find new Bauer X700 out there for $30-$35. I'd go that route.

Edited by clarkiestooth
  • Like 1

I ordered one of these to try out. The small gaps and holes in the padding may provide more ventilation than my padded shirt that I currently wear. For $65 after shipping it's worth a shot. 

6 minutes ago, sbecks72986 said:

Vapor 1x lite shoulders are lightest I’ve ever worn and more protection than the CCM RBZ/FT1s I used to wear

Where do you get them for $50?

3 hours ago, sbecks72986 said:

Vapor 1x lite shoulders are lightest I’ve ever worn and more protection than the CCM RBZ/FT1s I used to wear

Yes, very light but a little bulky too. 

I just got ft1 shoulders. Got a pretty big discount on them. Would not pay retail for them as they are pretty much foam and a couple of rocket frame prices on the sternum and spine. Impressed at the weight and mobility though. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:43 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Yes, very light but a little bulky too. 

Really, I never thought they were bulky at all. I was previously using CCM CL, and RBZ, I have same mobility as those. 

5 hours ago, sbecks72986 said:

Really, I never thought they were bulky at all. I was previously using CCM CL, and RBZ, I have same mobility as those. 

I think the caps don't sit as snug as the CL and U+ but yes, they are just as light, breathable and do offer great mobility. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

On 9/24/2019 at 7:19 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

I just checked out their website, yikes.  Best part was their Mission Statement, looks like something Michael Scott would write.

That all black model is called "Threat Level Midnight".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1