Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
mtn

Going from Graf G75's to Jetspeeds... Help me with the pitch

I just bought some Jeetspeed Xtra Pro's, brand new, but I believe them to be an old model from... 2017? based on the FT370. 

I'm coming out of a pair of Graf G75's. I'll be wearing both pairs, sometimes on the same day, and want the pitch on the Jetspeeds to be as close as possible to my G75's, but I have no clue on how to figure out what the pitch is for each. I haven't skated on the Jetspeeds, or even had them sharpened, but I'm wondering if I should ask the guy sharpening them to take some steel off the front or back of the skate to get it to better match the Graf's.

Any insights? 

Edited by mtn

One of the experienced skate guys on this board could probably tell you exactly what you need to do.  Definitely don't just ask someone to shave down the front some random amount as you'll likely just wreck the steel and waste money.  

I believe Grafs were an 11' radius out of the box, so in the absence of better info, I'd start by asking for an 11' radius with +1 pitch and adjust from there.

• Like 2

Bump for one of the experienced skate guys to see...

what does +1 mean? Is there a chart available that compares various brands and models?