Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
IPv6Freely

Refs Wearing Headsets

In tonight’s Detroit vs Toronto game the NHL is experimenting with all four officials wearing headsets to be able to communicate with each other. Supposedly it is just between the four of them and there is no communication with the off-ice officials or the NHL in any way. I could see that becoming a useful idea though. 

I wonder what the chances are of seeing this in the regular season. I’m guessing pretty slim or else they would have been trying this much earlier in the preseason, but maybe for next year.

Probably next season. I think they've done this across the pond in Europe. I was trying to see if I could find anything in regards how officials utilize this system and came up empty. Definitely something to keep our eyes out for as technology becomes more of a tool than an enemy.