Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

2019 CCM Ribcor Trigger 4 Pro

Grabbed a few of these today from a buddy. They are P29 max height blade and 75 flex. Uncut they weighed in at 409 grams each. 

First thoughts:

• Lighter than the previous generation and better balanced 
  • More pop compared to the Trigger 3D
  • Blade feels like they reinforced the toe and softened the heel a bit, also feels lighter than the previous generation 
  • Like how one side of the shaft is convex and the other is concave, fits nicely in the hand
  • Graphics are awesome

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

Do you think it'll be more durable than the ultra light flylite and fantom? I was going to pick one of those 2 up but then I have flash forwards to it exploding in my hands after 10 shots.

I personally love the pro stocks adv sticks, usually dressed as a 1x lite. The Flylite I have seen a lot of them break recently so I am not sure how durable they are. I also hate the Warrior Fantom as the blade feels dead to me. 

Yeah I hear that the Bauer's are breaking really easily...but is there something about being able to return them now up to 1 year??

Everybody feels and uses words differently... by "Dead" do you mean really stiff? Or dead as in, you have a hard time tell where puck it on your blade while stick handling. Also, are most pro stocks heavier than retail? I have a prostock QRL and it feels like a tank compared to the stock flylite I used the other day. The Warrior feels pretty indestructible but for the days where I am out on the ice practicing for 2-3 hours stick handling and shooting, the reduced weight would be cool.

Edited by z1ggy

4 hours ago, z1ggy said:

Yeah I hear that the Bauer's are breaking really easily...but is there something about being able to return them now up to 1 year??

Everybody feels and uses words differently... by "Dead" do you mean really stiff? Or dead as in, you have a hard time tell where puck it on your blade while stick handling. Also, are most pro stocks heavier than retail? I have a prostock QRL and it feels like a tank compared to the stock flylite I used the other day. The Warrior feels pretty indestructible but for the days where I am out on the ice practicing for 2-3 hours stick handling and shooting, the reduced weight would be cool.

Well them breaking easily isn't surprising esp since using Easton technology. Easton had the worsst sticks in terms of durability. 

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Well them breaking easily isn't surprising esp since using Easton technology. Easton had the worsst sticks in terms of durability. 

I just can't see myself spending $300 for a stick that will break in a few months. I never had the blade chipping issues because I fully tape off my toe but something that light does worry me. I heard the 1X lite's had horrible durability. So far, none of my Warrior sticks have ever broken.. I tend to replace them when they start to lose their snappy feel. 

On 10/3/2019 at 8:16 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Grabbed a few of these today from a buddy. They are P29 max height blade and 75 flex. Uncut they weighed in at 409 grams each. 

First thoughts:

• Blade feels like they reinforced the toe and softened the heel a bit, also feels lighter than the previous generation 
  • Like how one side of the shaft is convex and the other is concave, fits nicely in the hand
  • Graphics are awesome

We need much more content like this!!

3 hours ago, z1ggy said:

I just can't see myself spending $300 for a stick that will break in a few months. I never had the blade chipping issues because I fully tape off my toe but something that light does worry me. I heard the 1X lite's had horrible durability. So far, none of my Warrior sticks have ever broken.. I tend to replace them when they start to lose their snappy feel. 

I wouldn't spend more than 200 cdn after taxes on any stick. Period. That's just me. 

On 10/3/2019 at 8:16 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

First thoughts:

• Graphics are awesome

Does the convex/concave shape go throughout the entire shaft? Or is it only in the lower third (pop-matrix) section only? 

Been wondering if the old Trilage shaft shape would ever return as I liked those a lot - so hoping the entire shaft has this asymmetrical shape

Is a date set as to when the Ribcor 4 comes to retail? I think the look of these is annoying (green is so tacky), but I may just be interested to try the 2nd or 3rd tier offering.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:58 PM, z1ggy said:

Do you think it'll be more durable than the ultra light flylite and fantom? I was going to pick one of those 2 up but then I have flash forwards to it exploding in my hands after 10 shots.

I have two flylite's and had them since mid July. Zero issues with anything so far aside from not keeping pucks out of the net. I have read some of the reports about them breaking, but honestly, with any new top end stick those reports are always around. Hope this helps.

13 hours ago, lennyboi said:

Does the convex/concave shape go throughout the entire shaft? Or is it only in the lower third (pop-matrix) section only? 

Been wondering if the old Trilage shaft shape would ever return as I liked those a lot - so hoping the entire shaft has this asymmetrical shape

Only the pop matrix part 

Just picked up one of these and I noticed the flex chart on the back of the stick was missing the numbers. Had the lines but no numbers .... Is it like that with all trigger 4s?

49 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Just picked up one of these and I noticed the flex chart on the back of the stick was missing the numbers. Had the lines but no numbers .... Is it like that with all trigger 4s?

I believe so. You mean the height measurements, yes? CCM doesn't post "flex" ratings on their sticks. 

10 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I believe so. You mean the height measurements, yes? CCM doesn't post "flex" ratings on their sticks. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was pretty sure I saw it on the ft2

It's probably because of all the guys out there who go into a rage about how "IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FLEX!" when you cut a stick, either to be contrarian or not understanding that it is simply a common metric used to note the difficulty of flexing a stick. I can just imagine the emails their customer service departments get on stuff like that.

• Like 1